Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having problem to reach 100 km/h in 7-8 sec, please see link:
http://www.slkworld.com/258303-post1.html
I´m about to do the ASP-pulley mod but need to have the car running as it should when stock. I cleaned the whole S/C system from oil (MAF included), changed cam mag + new sparkplugs.
Still "hitting" 100 km/h in 10 sec....:confused:

I don´t get any error codes more but this message: Fuel system test completed (closed loop) but fault exist.
Looking at my O2 sensor bank 1 it goes up and down all the time, even at idle (between 0.1 V -> 0.75V) and it shows that the engine is running lean. About to change the fuel filter but what else can cause the engine running lean (fuel pump) ?

What fuel pressure should a stock car have? Could it still be a malfunction MAF?
Afraid to do the ASP pulley mod now because that would force more air to the engine and that should make the engine running leaner (I guess).

Please help, getting fed up with this car.....:mad:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Still running lean...?

And here are the numbers & graphs....

I´m reaching ~85km/h in 7,5 sec then the car need to shift from 2 to 3 gear which makes me lose 2,5 sec to reach the final 15 km to 100km/h.

The test is done whit the ESP engage, Tomorrow I will test with the ESP disengaged. Still haven´t change the fuelfilter and still having the "running lean warning".

Can anybody see if some numbers are outside normal limits, please help

I´m afraid to do the ASP pulley mod before knowing that the stock car is performing normal.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Having problem to reach 100 km/h in 7-8 sec, please see link:
http://www.slkworld.com/258303-post1.html
I´m about to do the ASP-pulley mod but need to have the car running as it should when stock. I cleaned the whole S/C system from oil (MAF included), changed cam mag + new sparkplugs.
Still "hitting" 100 km/h in 10 sec....:confused:

I don´t get any error codes more but this message: Fuel system test completed (closed loop) but fault exist.
Looking at my O2 sensor bank 1 it goes up and down all the time, even at idle (between 0.1 V -> 0.75V) and it shows that the engine is running lean. About to change the fuel filter but what else can cause the engine running lean (fuel pump) ?

What fuel pressure should a stock car have? Could it still be a malfunction MAF?
Afraid to do the ASP pulley mod now because that would force more air to the engine and that should make the engine running leaner (I guess).

Please help, getting fed up with this car.....:mad:
Did you ever figure this out?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did you ever figure this out?
All my problems with the car (this one also) was caused by wrong size on the s/c-pulley (supercharger).

After replacing the s/c pulley with a smaller one the car and also fitting a larger crankpulley, the car is now running nice........:biglaugh:

·
Registered
132 Posts
All my problems with the car (this one also) was caused by wrong size on the s/c-pulley (supercharger).

After replacing the s/c pulley with a smaller one the car and also fitting a larger crankpulley, the car is now running nice........:biglaugh:
Did your car have a s/c pulley "tune-down" installed? Are you now running at stock s/c pully ratio or did you replace with tune-up pullies?

Thanks in advance

Raindog

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did your car have a s/c pulley "tune-down" installed? Are you now running at stock s/c pully ratio or did you replace with tune-up pullies?

Thanks in advance

Raindog
I´m suspecting that somebody changed my s/c (m45) but installed a s/c from a clk 230...will never know.

The s/c should have a pulleydia approx. 73 mm stock but mine was 80 mm which caused the car to go into limp-mode after a while. I bought a 69 mm-pulley instead

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.