Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
*Registered
2006 SLK350
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Something a bit different that I have been planning.
1st thing first is this is a Saturday meet! This is because this day is a ALL DAY drive, circa 290 mile route and I think anyone participating may prefer to have the Sunday to recover before going back to work!
We will meet at Moto Wetherby off the A1M at 7 am departing about 7.30.
The next point will be at Aysgarth falls national park center at 8.30 . This will be a second meeting place for anyone coming down from Scotland or across from North West England. Then we will meander our way eventually reaching Jedburgh in the afternoon. From here anybody come down from Scotland can go on their merry way whilst we complete the final leg down to Moto Scotch Corner.
Bring your own lunch day.
I have a coffee stop planned for about 10am. A photo opportunity stop along the way to Kielder water for a toilet break circa 2.30 then up to Jedburgh for the next hour before the final 2 hr run to Scotch Corner services.
This is good days drive let alone you travelling to get here so I have no idea how many may be up for this so will se how the interest is.

I will say if the weather forecast is poor for the day, I may well cancel at short notice because like you, I would not fancy driving these quiet, sometimes narrow track roads in bad weather.

ATTENDEES
1st meet point Wetherby moto services
2 meet point. Main Aysgarth falls car park (over the river) with toilet block

Davyd1975 - wetherby
Merom0rph - Aysgarth - possible
Avel Du -wetherby
Turbo - wetherby.
2oldjags1merc- Wetherby

·
*Registered
2006 SLK350
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Interested in this, is it still going ahead? Would be coming from Newcastle, so I can stop off on the way back, thinking I could meet you guys at Aysgarth Falls? Let me know, sounds like an amazing drive :)
Sounds good. Yes still hoping to go ahead with this. For you it makes sense and if you want to you can short home off the A68 down the A696 at Otterburn.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts