Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my SLK 320 the rubber trim along the bottom edge of the body needs replacing.
The pieces under the doors are good but to each side of the doors those pieces are what really needs replacing.
What do you call these pieces?A
ny clues on where to get them?
Is this is a DIY or if you need a shop to do it?

Tried a search on here but obviously don't know the terms to use to bring this topic up if its on here.

McSLK

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,480 Posts
we can get you the part number
what is the vin?
then you can go to mb or order online

·
96,480 Posts
this the vn? KK66F73F289363

·
96,480 Posts
do you see the part you want? part 140 n 150?

Attachments

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
do you see the part you want? part 140 n 150?
Been looking online can't seem to locate these parts. Also can't read the parts list to see the name of these.
If anyone knows of a direction to look please let me know.

I'll check in on this later as I'll be out to dinner! :grin:'
McSLK

·
96,480 Posts
the parts are called 'cover'

here is from the parts list

140** A 170 698 19 30** COVER
LEFT**
001** ***
140** A 170 698 20 30** COVER
RIGHT**
001** ***
150** A 170 698 21 30** COVER
LEFT**
001** ***
150** A 170 698 22 30** COVER
RIGHT**
001**
when you go to a parts site, you leave off the A

Part Number 1706981930
Part Name COVERING
MSRP $22.00
Core $0.00
Online Price $16.15

Here is 1 parts site that has it

Mercedes-Benz Parts and Accessories | MercedesPartsCenter.com

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks so much Jeff! Will follow up on those...would like to replace them before the Annual Florida Picnic if not too costly.
You're the best!!

McSLK

·
96,480 Posts
Thanks so much Jeff! Will follow up on those...would like to replace them before the Annual Florida Picnic if not too costly.
You're the best!!

McSLK
I know! :D Ty

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The cost is definitely do-able! I am ready to order but I am wondering if anyone has taken apart this part of the car and if this is a DIY job for a novice like me or if I would need a body shop? I've been looking for something online to show me the procedure of replacing these "covers" but have not found anything as of yet.
As with most of us, I would love to be pointed to some pics/video or step by step instructions.
This is a spot on the car that I think really looks crappy (see pic-piece under door is good but front and rear trim is cracked with missing pieces).
I can't wait to see this repaired/replaced!
McSLK

Attachments

·
96,480 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
The cost is definitely do-able! I am ready to order but I am wondering if anyone has taken apart this part of the car and if this is a DIY job for a novice like me or if I would need a body shop? I've been looking for something online to show me the procedure of replacing these "covers" but have not found anything as of yet.
As with most of us, I would love to be pointed to some pics/video or step by step instructions.
This is a spot on the car that I think really looks crappy (see pic-piece under door is good but front and rear trim is cracked with missing pieces).
I can't wait to see this repaired/replaced!
McSLK
Get new clips - they will probably break on removal. They are not all the same so make sure you get the right ones.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes, those clips...best to be sure I'm ready with the right ones!! Here we go again to find a part number! LOL!
McSLK

·
96,480 Posts
part numbers in the pdf above. you have to figure which clips they are
post 4

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey McSLK - any luck with your trim replacements? I have the same problem on my wife's 2001 320 but I've been holding off on buying the replacement parts because I am unsure of the clips required for the job. As usual, Jeff has been superb in responding but even the pdf parts file is unclear as to which clips are required for the "covers".

Anyway, if you were successful please let me know about the clips and I will get this fix done.

many thanks

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.