Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I know this sounds silly but after seeing a few clips of some RX-7’s shredding their tyres I was wondering if it was possible to swap in either a 20b or 26B rotary engine into my 2008 Mercedes-Benz SLK200 Kompressor.

Not sure if it’s been done before or if it’s even possible, just spitballing some crazy ideas :)

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,189 Posts
Welcome to SLKWorld.com: The #1 Mercedes-Benz SLK Forum from Florida!

Join the gang! Your 1st thread should be your introduction so we can welcome you properly so post an introduction in the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section, if you haven’t already. New Members Introduce Yourself Here - Mercedes Benz SLK Forum

On a smartphone: http://www.slkworld.com/new-members-introduce-yourself-here/330737-how-update-your-profile-post-intro-smartphone.html

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top right of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
If you wish to become PM (Private Message) capable or to ‘edit’, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM/edit. You can always pm a moderator.
Want to post a picture? Start a new thread or make a post, click ‘edit’, click on the ‘paper clip’ or ‘advanced’ and/or ‘manage attachments’ then ‘choose file’ then ‘upload’ and ‘submit’! If Iphone pics, you need to rename any additional pics as Iphone names its pics all the same, image.jpg.
Want to ‘like’ or thank’ someone’s comments? Use the ‘like’ button to the right or the ‘Thanks’ button, bottom right of any post you like. This saves you having to comment.
New members should be aware that the 'New Posts' link next to the 'Search' link top right of the info bar is a great way to see all of the posts you have missed since you were on the forum last. Remember to click 'mark forums read' under ‘quick links’ when you leave.
FREE!! Post your vin in the Vehicle Datacard Request section to get a free datacard (options on your car). You must update your profile with vehicle info and your location and post an introduction first.
http://www.slkworld.com/vehicle-data-card/67706-free-how-get-free-datacard.html

Thank you
Jeff
Moderator/Founding Member/Ride of the Month Coordinator

·
Registered 2009 SLK200
4,945 Posts
Hey Guys,

I know this sounds silly but after seeing a few clips of some RX-7’s shredding their tyres I was wondering if it was possible to swap in either a 20b or 26B rotary engine into my 2008 Mercedes-Benz SLK200 Kompressor.

Not sure if it’s been done before or if it’s even possible, just spitballing some crazy ideas :)
1 why ?
2 they burn oil !
3 are thirsty engines !
4 your car will be worth .50p afterwards
5 just mod your existing engine be a lot easier and simpler .

·
Premium Member 1999 SLK 5.4 M113
1,426 Posts
My best advice when it comes to ambitious swaps: Do them first, THEN post about them. otherwise you'll get all the advice you DON'T want.

I think the SLK is a bit heavy for a little engine like that, so you better put some turbos on it... or do one of those 4-rotor setups.

·
Registered 05 SLK55 & 06 Kleemann 55K S8
878 Posts
Anything is possible with enough money! It probably isn't the easiest route to go, but the R171 isn't that hard to do swaps on. Rotary's are really finicky engines, but they do scream. You could always swap in a Holden LS3 engine for a good time. RB26 or 2JZ would be a hoot too.

·
Premium Member 2004 SLK350
4,295 Posts
My brother has a rx-8, ported engine, no cat's, straight pipe and remap. Still not happy with the performance.
Fitting a rotary engine will leave you some space to work around.
Why don't you buy a rx-7 or rx-8 and put some turbos on it, will be cheaper.

·
Registered
303 Posts
If you want to go non-Merc for a power plant, why not a 1300 Hyabusa? Not too hard to get 500bhp out of one of these and a lovely compact unit.
Just askin’
Neil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
1,426 Posts
If you want to go non-Merc for a power plant, why not a 1300 Hyabusa? Not too hard to get 500bhp out of one of these and a lovely compact unit.
Just askin’
Neil

"Not too hard" :grin:
1-25-2018 3-55-00 PM.jpg

·
Banned
84 Posts
Just askin’
Neil

Because the Hyabusa doesn't produce enough torque to propel a one and a half tonne car - Horsepower isn't the be all and end all

·
Registered
303 Posts
Sheesh, never thought of that....
I’ll try and be more practical in future.
Thanks for the heads up

·
1,426 Posts
Sheesh, never thought of that....
I’ll try and be more practical in future.
Thanks for the heads up

Practicality is frowned upon!

I would be kicked out of this forum in seconds!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts