Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After getting the ABS pump issue resolved, finally got some sun this afternoon and when I tried to get the roof down, nadah, nothing, niet!! The roof button flashes so I guess the circuit is live and when I push the button forward as if to close it, it makes a noise from the hydraulic pump so I guess power is gettin to the pump. If the garage forgot to clear the errors off the computer from before, could it affect the roof? There are no other warning lights on or anything, getting frustrated since I bought it I only had 2 weeks of everything working, grrr.
Any ideas peeps?:(

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,444 Posts
pse pump. k40 relay maybe, try a search, top right for these terms. others will chime in also

·
Premium Member 1998 SLK230
3,527 Posts
If the button is flashing there is a problem!
It seems to be one of the switches is faulty/sticking, its the one on the right side of the trunk where the cover latches in place.

Please check out the roof troubleshooting guide in my signature.

·
Registered
87 Posts
leapyfish, was a big help with my roof last weekend. The switch is that little thing you can depress with your finger where the cover sits in place, in the trunk, (right side) open the access panel and locate your luggage cover switch plugin. it's there just on the backside of the switch. follow the two wires up to where it plugs in...check to see they are indeed plugged into the switch. Also, check your roof pistons to make sure they aren't leaking. look for stains on the plastic panels deep inside the trunk (upper right and left corners). leaky pistons = top no shut. ancient chinese proverb or something.
best,
roger

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the exact same problem/behahavement with the roof as you Nickygee11. Did you find out what was wrong?

I have measured the switch is for the luggage cover and this is OK.

I'm new today to the forum and hope I will have good use of the forum and also be helpful for you as I learn my car...

I appreciate all replies, thank you all :)

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,444 Posts
Inahurry,

Welcome to SLKWorld.com: The #1 Mercedes-Benz SLK Forum from Valrico, Florida!

You might want to post an introduction in the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section, if you haven’t already.

Some tips to make your visit here more enjoyable:

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top right of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response and only once. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.
If you wish to become PM (Private Message)- capable, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM.
New members and guests should be aware that the 'New Posts' link next to the 'Search' link top right of the info bar is a great way to see all of the posts you have missed since you were on the forum last. Remember to click 'mark forums read' under ‘quick links’ when you leave.
Also vote or enter our Ride of the Month competition: ROTM Submissions & Voting - Mercedes Benz SLK World Forum

Thank you,
Jeff
Moderator/Founding Member

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Im actually away on holiday (vacation) right now and will only have a few days at home when I return before going away to work again for a month. Once home in mid August, I intend to get this sorted as a convertible with a roof that wont go down ain't what I want. I'm grateful, but before I get in over my head, I will again go back to the original point of the problem. My ABS pump went off line and I had it replaced, after several attem[ts but it transpired the one I eneded up with was not the one I ordered with the identical numbers but a different one. (Don't ask) My garage, decent guys, perservered with it and after a slight mod got it fitted, no more ABS and ASR light. My query is this- if this was a CLK pump, is there an interface missing between the vario roof sytem and the abs unit for speed readings or does the roof take its onformation from the overall vehicle computer? i.e. would the wrong pump make a difference to the roof even if it wotks and the ABS/ASR system is happy? (hope this makes sense):confused:

·
Registered
3 Posts
After reading your last post (Nickygee) on this thread I got an eureka moment. My ABS and ASR warning light has been lit once in a while lately. Now it is always lit, and I got the problem with the roof in the same period. I just didn't think there was any connection between the ABS/ASR and the roof, but now I understand this may be connected. I guess I have to get the ABS/ASR error sorted out and then see if the roof will let the sun beams reach my head :)

Jbanks15: Thank you for the new member info :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah mate, the roof won't open unless it gets a speed reading of 0 mph, I think. This information it gets from the ABS system, again , I think, but some of the clever technical gadjees on here will keep you right. Thats my understadning of it anyway, get your ABS fixed and all else should fall in to place. Awrabest, Nick
:Beer:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thousands of thanks

Gents, Thank you all for the help. Got home form holiday today and set about testing the various theories suggested by forum members and hey, bah-da-bing. Had a poke around and felt an ever-so slight movement on the wires on the luggage cover switch in the 'trunk' as suggested by a couple of members. Gave it a little 'shoogle' and and tried the roof again and now it's working. Brilliant!! Just feels like I just got the car again, time for a wee rammy around with the roof down.
Thanx again guys, :bannana::biglaugh: Will have one or ten to celebrate :Beer:
Now.......... all I need is some sun!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.