Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I have a problem with my SLK200 which has been off the road over the winter. The Abs lights are on the roof wont go up and the autobox won't change up seems to be stuck in 3rd gear. I have read alot of threads on here about similar problems and think its the brake switch or Abs sensor? Anyone have any advice or suggestions as to the cause of the fault?

Thanks

·
Premium Member 2004 SLK200K
10,745 Posts
The roof is connected to the ABS system due to speed sensors .
Have you checked all the fuses and reset the steering wheel full right and full left if you had the battery off ?
Have you tried a battery reset and is the battery 100% ?
Can you get the codes read with a diagnostic machine of some sort ?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,

Thanks for your reply, yes tried the usual things, getting a code scanner monday.
What is battery reset?

Thanks

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So bit of an update on this, I found a guy locally with star diagnostics but hes on holidays till 7th july. I have tried several things such as clean Abs wheel sensors and replace the brake light switch with no luck the Abs/Bsr light it still on, but I have noticed when driving that if I accelerate hard from a standing start it goes off, or if I turn the ignition off and back on while the car is moving slowly it clears might stay off all day or for 2mins!

If anyone can suggest a fix or something to try? Car is my daily driver atm.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.