Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
*Registered
2009 SLK350
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a 2009 350 and the remote won’t lower the roof on the drivers side. Will work perfect on the passenger side. On the driver’s side the lock and unlock works fine. I cleaned the driver’s side with rubbing alcohol but still no luck. Any ideas?

·
Administrator (Canada)
2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30 "Schwarzie"
19,052 Posts
We do have a checklist section for you to try. May not help with a fob-related issue but still a good review source:

·
Founding Member 2006
106,666 Posts
do you have 1 or 2 remotes fobs?

·
Founding Member 2006
106,666 Posts
and on the driver's side that does not work and was cleaned, you are within like 6 inches of it and maintaining a hold on the button?

·
Founding Member 2006
106,666 Posts
i see you quoted me but no reply?

·
*Registered
2009 SLK350
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes the passenger side works great but the driver’s side will only lock and unlock

·
Founding Member 2006
106,666 Posts
you did not answer this ?

you are within like 6 inches of it and maintaining a hold on the button?

·
Founding Member 2006
106,666 Posts
Unless a loose connection, i would try a quick battery reset to eliminate any electronic gremlins
at least until the experts chime in

disconnect neg cable for a minimum of 30 minutes
reconnect cable
reset clock
synch windows
try door ir sensor again

·
*Registered
2009 SLK55 AMG
1,126 Posts
I just picked up a 2009 350 and the remote won’t lower the roof on the drivers side. Will work perfect on the passenger side. On the driver’s side the lock and unlock works fine. I cleaned the driver’s side with rubbing alcohol but still no luck. Any ideas?
Just went through this in an 2009 SLK55 AMG.
The fix was to remove the circuit boards and re-solder the joints.
Driver's door stopped working originally so when it got diagnoses we pull both boards and everything has been ok since.

·
*Premium Member
430 Posts
Install a SmartTop module. You will gain true remote roof operation instead of 6 inches "remote" plus a host of other features.

·
*Registered
2009 SLK55 AMG
1,126 Posts
Install a SmartTop module. You will gain true remote roof operation instead of 6 inches "remote" plus a host of other features.
I hear you and have had the same advice but before I jumped in after getting my fobs to work properly, I still have issues MB cannot resolve with the window operation on closing.
I asked the manufacturer about whether this would be problematic if I did this and they asked for a number to call. That was 11 days ago. No answers.

·
*Registered
2005 SLK350
2 Posts
I have a 2005 SLK350 and had the same problem on both doors. To replace the sensors was going to be really expensive. I installe the SmartTop module and couldn't be happier. I can put the top down from inside my house. Awesome.

·
*Registered
2010 SLK300
6 Posts
I'm with HUWhitaker and rspeakman on this one. I've only had my 2010 SLK300 for a few weeks & barely done 100km with no prior experience on the SLK. I just bought & installed the SmartTop module myself. The difference in using the fob to operate the roof is day & night using the SmartTop. Without the SmartTop the operation is primitive. Not just because of the fob, but other things like one touch, remote window operation & other car interfaces.

·
**Registered 2007 SLK350 - From San Rafael, CA
88 Posts
Yes the passenger side works great but the driver’s side will only lock and unlock
You can also just wait for the road bumps to get everything working again! Over two years mine have gone from one side only working to the other side only working and now both sides work! Just to answer an earlier question I have one old remote and one new remote the dealer got for me as I wouldn't buy a used car with only one very expensive key!
Generally, I have found it to be a little used feature, so why go crazy taking things apart and perhaps creating more important damage or spending a lot of $$ for a small gain!
No one knows what a fast power convertible top is like until they experience an S2000 top lower or raise in under 10s!

Ross

1 - 20 of 20 Posts