Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I fixed my leaking actuator and now the roof operates fine, but it will eventually behave as tho the roof is open (the switch blinks and the car beeps). I push the button and I can hear the pump activating and everything goes back to normal. 20 miles later, same thing. I don't see any leaks so I can't figure out if the system is losing pressure. Anyone experience this?

ref

·
Premium Member 2004 SLK200K
10,745 Posts
Check /grease the locks on the top of the windshield they might not be closing fully ??
Does this happen when driving only or when the car is sitting as well ?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was kinda thinking the same thing about the locks. Frequently, I have to do it when I just start the car and then later on in the drive. The top locks are good- I fixed that actuator a month or so earlier and no problems. It was when I fixed the actuator right behind the driver seat this started. I guess the trunk locks could be staying open- the ones you have to pull the cord to unlock. I will check those. Thanks!

ref

·
Registered
393 Posts
Not a probability, but something to do . . . run the roof fully up and down 8-10 times in a row. (Holding the button till the system comes to a full stop on it's own.) There is a small chance that there is an air bubble in the system that needs to work it's way out.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think I am going to try that next. The locks all are operational. Not many days to run the roof up and down this time of year, but tomorrow should be excellent. Hope it works, it is just a nuisance, but one I would like to solve.

ref

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.