Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FIRST PROBLEM The roof on my 1997 230 slk has been fine but today when i have put it down the boot will open and the windows will go down but the roof will not ! but after trying 10 or 20 times it works ok for about 5 times and then the roof section will not fold away again. When it does this i can still hear the motor(pump ) running but the roof will not come down. Any One had the same problem ? What was the Fix ?

SECOND PROBLEM The clutch on the supercharger has become noisy when engaging around 1500 rpm. As soon you rev the engine to 1500 rpm it engages the supercharger with a click and then i can hear a bearing type noise untill the rpm drop below 1500 when it disconnects and all is quiet again. Can this clutch be lubricated with oil or will this cause the clutch to slip ? Or is this normal ?

Thanks

Tim

·
Premium Member 1998 SLK230
3,524 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Problem 2

Get a supercharger bearing on Ebay. One seller sells them for about $40. The other guys are over priced. The bearing is a common problem because they do not last long. It will require snap ring pliers to change. While your at it check the oil in the supercharger. I use full synthetic gear oil Mobil 1. I have had many vehicles with Eaton based superchargers, that is the oil to use.

·
Registered
134 Posts
With the roof, check the wiring around the rear window to roof sections as that was my fault.

For the S/C issues, have you got links to the correct bits. Mine is a bit noisy and would like to change the oil as well.

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.