Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any fellow UK residents recommend a lub for the roof seals? There are some threads on here but all seem to refer to products in other (..more sunny..) parts of world. Any information appreciated.m:)

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,657 Posts

·
Premium Member 2007 SLK280
3,913 Posts
I concur with Jon and Jeff. I have a friend who recently purchased an R170 and his wife hated all the noise the roof made. I gave him an extra bottle of Gummi Pflege and the lube points noted on this forum and all the noise went away and his wife is a happy camper.

·
96,657 Posts
Did the friend join the forum Mike?

·
96,657 Posts
you told him it is free of course. guess he does not need info. C'est la vie!

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK 280-sold
3,552 Posts
+1 on the Gummi.

Plus it's just fun to say really fast three times !

And when you tell your wife "I'm going out to Gummi Pflege my car", the look you'll get is priceless. :biglaugh:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi From South of the border, (England)

Hi I use plumber's silicone grease, it's clear and safe to be used for rubber.
Make sure you ask for silicone grease and not sealant. You would not get the roof open again!
:biglaugh:

·
Sadly Gregg has passed away
2,432 Posts
+1 on the Gummi.

Plus it's just fun to say really fast three times !

And when you tell your wife "I'm going out to Gummi Pflege my car", the look you'll get is priceless. :biglaugh:
I've taken to using Gummi Pflege as my pseudonym.....it has a certain sophisticated European flavor which adds mystery and intrigue here in the mostly mundane midwest.:biglaugh:

·
Registered Looking for an SLK
597 Posts
I bought Gummi online had it two weeks now but not had any decent weather here to put it on the car.

Dave

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Gummi Pfledge arrived this morning but probably be a couple of days till get time and weather to apply. So excited I can hardly sleep...... ;-)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.