Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you know, I got my Mercedes SLK 55 around December, but I've only gotten to drive it a few times. I love the car, not anything I don't like about it except how much of a pain in the ass it is to clean a black car. Every single mark, speck, nick, chip, smear shows up. lol...But its definitely worth the beautiful reflection in the car.

To start off; disrespectful (jealous?) drivers.
Today, when I first got out my neighborhood and getting onto the freeway, everyone checking me out (not any cars anywhere near like the SLK around my area) I was driving behind a white pick up with a couple of guys sitting in the back, eyeing me down. Right as we were getting on the freeway entrance, the driver looked through his rear view, checking out my car I assume, and threw his cup out the window. I'm not sure if he was trying to hit my car or not, but he missed (I know once I was at a restaurant with my dad and someone through something on the back of my car.) so I assumed he was trying to hit me. Decided I'd show him, and got in the other lane and sped past him. Mmm...the adrenaline, then slowed back down to let him catch up, but he took an exit before he got to me.

Now; bumps and roof rattles.
I went on and picked up my girlfriend from her house. She has ridden with me before, but since she got her 2011 BMW 328i, she's been comparing my car to hers. She inquired about why we felt EVERY SINGLE bump we went over, but in her BMW she doesn't feel anything. (I have 19 inch wheels on mine with a low tire profile.) Then she goes on talking about the roof rattles. Apparently, my roof rattles in every possible spot. The front right, center, and left, and behind me around the trunk. (This doesn't bother me as much, but I think once I figure out where to start on fixing it I'll get to it...One less "flaw" she could point out compared to her car.) So I just let the top down for a while before the clouds got too dark. (forecast for rain).

But boy its fun!
Definitely had a lot of fun when the traffic cleared a bit and I found a nice open lane and my radar is silent for a while. Before I knew it I hit 120 (I was trying to show off how fast it accelerates to my girlfriend (yes...I know), and only meant to go from about 50-90. So once I hit 120 I let it coast down to 60. She didn't believe we were going that fast (I didn't either lol). It only felt like about 70 since it "rides so smooth" (see the irony?) I agreed with her on that.

Then dropped her off, got some Chick-fil-a, ate my fries there but had to take my chicken nuggets with me (to make it in before 5 o clock curfew lol). Pulled it in the garage and let the windows down (so no smell of chicken would be in there and I could preserve the new car smell :) )

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
Black cars are like dogs - other peoples are the best - you can play with them when you want to, but don't have to look after them.

As far as the roof rattles go, search the forum for Gummi Pflege - the answer to all your problems!!

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
93,522 Posts
it is a sports car with a hardtop roof. you will feel every bump and going slow over bumpy/uneven roads, you will feel hear every rattle.

and black is beautiful!!!

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Haters will hate, just avoid them - and tend to have more than drinks to throw if irritated. More importantly, remember that in your neck of the woods, the cops are well funded, famous for Ka "Instant Ticket" radar, that 25 over is a mandatory court appearance, and traffic court judges don't drive Mercedes, so show little love for those who do.

With regard to the creaks and moans, as Woolly said search for Gummi Pfledge, or pop by your local dealer and have 'em lubricate the roof.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Valley it sounds like you leave in a place just like me, no one else had a car like mine in high school or my town. People will be jealous like when I had my 32 it was mainly the redneck that would try and mess with me like block me in a lane and drive slow as crap or they would rev their trucks when I had my top down and choke me with the fumes. There are people like that every where though. Your girl friend sounds like my girl friend I had back in high school. Her dad bought her a brand new BMW every 4 months and she would always point out the creaks and rattles about my car as well. But her dad never would buy her a M BMW,that was the one thing she could not talk crap about.

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts