Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, it's been a few months that ive had a rattle coming from the boot. Sounds like the boot is not resting evenly so sometimes when I hit a pothole or drive on uneven road it rattles. I have read similar posts on here but nothing seems to help. It has gone back to MB under warranty 2 times. The first time they changed the rear parcel shelf, and the second time they tightened the screews which attach the boot to the car.

·
Founding Member 2006
109,002 Posts

·
*Registered
2017 SLC43
1,903 Posts
Are you sure it's the roof and not one of the seats ratting against the rear bulkhead? I spend AGES chasing down what I thought was a boot/roof rattle and it turned out it was the passenger seat that was touching the rear bulkhead and making a noise.

·
*Registered
2015 SLK250 CDI
355 Posts
Are you sure it's the roof and not one of the seats ratting against the rear bulkhead? I spend AGES chasing down what I thought was a boot/roof rattle and it turned out it was the passenger seat that was touching the rear bulkhead and making a noise.
i have had that as well . Just needed to adjust the back of the seat to a straighter position and it went .

Michael.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.