Mercedes SLK World banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered 2008 SLK350
2,241 Posts
Thank you @savcom, I appreciate the help!

I've tried messaging them, hoping they can get the part.

Unfortunately I haven't had luck on the german ebay site either.

I have found some back-up non special a-pillars (left) (right). They would require some painting, but it's definitely an option as well. It would also make it a cleaner look and save me from loosing it in the future aswell. I've never been a fan of small parts that strangers can take off within seconds anyway.

I guess the only problem I have is having to spend money on it. It's one of those things that didn't really bother me, before I realized not all other SLK's have it :grin:
Well,it just might be your lucky day.
I got 2 of them,1 left and 1 right, lying around here. Left over from my previous R171. Current one doesn't has this option, so they are of no use to me.
Immaculate and spray painted in 775U, which judging by the pics ,might just be the colour you need.
For a fellow member for free, just shipping costs.
Let me know if you want them. Maybe only just 1, other one might come in handy for another member?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Well,it just might be your lucky day.
I got 2 of them,1 left and 1 right, lying around here. Left over from my previous R171. Current one doesn't has this option, so they are of no use to me.
Immaculate and spray painted in 775U, which judging by the pics ,might just be the colour you need.
For a fellow member for free, just shipping costs.
Let me know if you want them. Maybe only just 1, other one might come in handy for another member?
Wow, awesome! I'd happily take just the right one, thank you very much :smile::smile: Couldn't be more perfect, because 775U is the paint code for my car (according to the lovely free datacard). :grin:

It's very nice of you, I truly appreciate it!

·
Registered 2008 SLK350
2,241 Posts
Wow, awesome! I'd happily take just the right one, thank you very much :smile::smile: Couldn't be more perfect, because 775U is the paint code for my car (according to the lovely free datacard). :grin:

It's very nice of you, I truly appreciate it!
You're welcome.
Drop me a PM with the shipping details where to send it to and I'll ship the item tomorrow.
Just to be sure, with the right one you mean the one that is located at the right side of the car when you're sitting in the car, partnr A1706981030?
Just as a sidenote, I lost one the same way as you and ordered a replacement at the dealer. The item itself at that time costed next to nothing, only having it spray painted in the correct colour made it relatively expensive. Spray painting 1 or 100 items hardly made any different in price so I ordered 2 extra spares. They are still lying around here,gathering dust, waiting until someone could use them...
Shipping costs from The Netherlands to Denmark are €1.40 plus €0.50 for an airbubble envelope. Well,charging you for that amount is more or less symbolic, but being Dutch I have to live up to our reputation of being thrifty ofcourse........,Dutch treat,going Dutch,etc...............>:D

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,122 Posts
Isn't this forum the greatest!!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Isn't this forum the greatest!!!
You're damn right it is!

Just received it in the mail today. Fits, and is the perfect color. Couldn't be much better :grin:

Thank you @Sneaky-Pete for this awesome hook-up. You're the man.
And thanks to everyone else for the input/help.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
You're welcome.
Drop me a PM with the shipping details where to send it to and I'll ship the item tomorrow.
Just to be sure, with the right one you mean the one that is located at the right side of the car when you're sitting in the car, partnr A1706981030?
Just as a sidenote, I lost one the same way as you and ordered a replacement at the dealer. The item itself at that time costed next to nothing, only having it spray painted in the correct colour made it relatively expensive. Spray painting 1 or 100 items hardly made any different in price so I ordered 2 extra spares. They are still lying around here,gathering dust, waiting until someone could use them...
Shipping costs from The Netherlands to Denmark are €1.40 plus €0.50 for an airbubble envelope. Well,charging you for that amount is more or less symbolic, but being Dutch I have to live up to our reputation of being thrifty ofcourse........,Dutch treat,going Dutch,etc...............>:D

Any chance you might still have the second spare set after helping soren out? I've been searching for the same part (retrofitting 726 to my car at the moment).

https://www.mbpartscenter.com actually does not have them in stock, I tried ordering from them earlier on this week.

I live in Sydney, Australia - will happily pay for shipping of course :grin:

·
Registered 2008 SLK350
2,241 Posts
Any chance you might still have the second spare set after helping soren out? I've been searching for the same part (retrofitting 726 to my car at the moment).

https://www.mbpartscenter.com actually does not have them in stock, I tried ordering from them earlier on this week.

I live in Sydney, Australia - will happily pay for shipping of course :grin:
Still have it, but it is not a spare set. I had 1 spare set. 1 leftside cap and 1 right side. So now only the leftside is remaining A1706980930. You can have it, but again it's only 1 cap.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Still have it, but it is not a spare set. I had 1 spare set. 1 leftside cap and 1 right side. So now only the leftside is remaining A1706980930. You can have it, but again it's only 1 cap.

Thanks! Yeah one would be great still, I can try and take it to a 3D printing shop to get the other side printed with a scan maybe?

·
Registered 2008 SLK350
2,241 Posts
Thanks! Yeah one would be great still, I can try and take it to a 3D printing shop to get the other side printed with a scan maybe?
Don't know, it's mirrored ofcourse. No idea if they can derive the specs for the rightside from a scan of the leftside one.
Shipping costs to Australia are the same as for Denmark. Dutch postal services carry a flat rate for ordinary mail worldwide.
Btw the items you are looking for can still be ordered here Shopping basket
Only €9.50.Shipping costs to Australia are killing though. Dealer is just around the corner here and I ordered the items some 3 years ago without any problem. If you want I could ask them one of these days if they are still available and ship it to you together with the other item.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts