Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched and not found these exact challenges.
I have a 2006 slk 350. 70k miles.

1.When the roof is open the passenger side little window does not go back up. Goes up when the roof closes and the drives side does go up after the roof opens and closes.

2. About one out of twenty times when i try to put the roof down nothing happens. No noise no lights nothing. Most of the time it will work a few minutes later. My guess is the switch is going bad.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,275 Posts
Have you tried synching the windows to start?

have you seen the roof troubleshooting thread in r171 diy?

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
27,184 Posts
Only open/close with the roof with the engine running until you have checked out your battery.
It uses a lot of power.

Roof problem tree will narrow down the issue.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My car is the same. small windows do not go up when the top is down, just the door glass. I assume this is normal.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,275 Posts
My car is the same. small windows do not go up when the top is down, just the door glass. I assume this is normal.
get the Smarttop...then you can do that :D

·
Super Moderator CA 2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
13,128 Posts
Dont know if 171 and 172 are different but

172--little windows do NOT go up when roof is down (big sides do) on stock car. You can get them up if the roof is up/big windows down. Have to "trick" them though via order of operation of windows.
Not really a trick but its the order you do it when roof is up.

Dont know about 171.

·
Registered 2005 SLK55 AMG
605 Posts
On a R171 the small windows stay down with the top down (normal). That is unless your car have a Smart Top installed. If you can operate the top with the key 30 feet away from the car, then you have a Smart Top installed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts