Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry. I hate to post stupid questions, but after looking through a number of threads, I can't locate the information I need.

2000 SLK230 - I ordered the headliner material for my roof. I'm pretty comfortable with removing the headliner and replacing it. Already disassembled, removed and repainted all of my interior and repaired the door panels. Went extremely well.

My question is how do I get the roof to go down only part way in order to remove the headliner trim and screws? At first, I thought I would actuate it and then simply turn the car off when it reached the proper point to see if that would work, but then I decided I'd better double-check here on the forum to see if there's a more proper method.

Any help here would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,272 Posts
search 'broomstick' standby

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,272 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
"btw you coming to our April 12th meet?"

Depends on whether I get everything done to the car in time. Sounds like a great event.

I'm also scheduled to fly a couple of friends to the Cimarron River in NM to do some flyfishing and need to head out the morning of the 14th, so it may be cutting it a bit close. I'll know more as time gets nearer.

Looking forward to it if everything works out.

thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.