Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, im still gathering together parts for my R170. Its due to go for a re spray once the R171 AMG-Look body kit arrives from Romania (to the UK) and the V-Max Bonnet gets here too. Its gonna be Diamond White, keeping with the MB colours. The front splitter is carbon fibre as is the rear diffuser and Rowan style spoiler. I was wanting to give the roof/rear window a bit of attention by fitting some Vortex Generators/Shark fins a la Mitsi Evo. They are ten a penny on ebay, self advesive and come in all colours including, of course, carbon fibre. My question to you all is, will they get in the way when the roof folds? should i just go for trial and error? Has anyone actually done this mod to their car? (further body mods to include Chrome Halo lights, one stripe grill and 19in AEZ Straight Darks). Cheers for now, Baron.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,403 Posts
i think they will hamper the windows in closing.
if they are cheap, trial and error, but the cheap might turn into $$$$

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I dont have the parts here yet, they are all either on order or being shipped. As soon as the car is booked in to my local fitter/sprayer, ill be logging the whole build on camera and making a video of the build too. Thankfully a nice little retirement payout will mean a nice speedy build, performance mods will be carried out as soon as it leaves the garage too. I can try to post photos from internet pages from what i have on order.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts