Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Roof mechanism arm issue? Thoughts needed please

Hi All,
I think I masy have a problem. I am in the throws of ascertaing how to feed the camera cable from the boot/trunk and noticed the left hand arm is hooked. It looks like it shouldn't be as the right arm is straight. It appears to be giving no issues with the roof opening or closing. Should I be concerned and should I attempt to straighten it?:confused:
Thanks
Steve

Attachments

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
I'm a firm believer in 'If It's Not Broke, Don't Fix It' - as long as the roof goes up and down smoothly, silently and 'squarely' it should be OK. I'm too far away from mine at the mo to check.

As far as feeding a cable through from the boot to the cockpit, have you checked out THIS thread.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got the sill thread thanks Woolly. Trying to figure how to get the cable though the boot and down the mechanism with the boot lighting cables as there's not much room to play with.
In terms of if it ain't broke don't fix itI am usually quite happy with this, but I'm unsure if it may be about to give me a major (read expensive) headache. The pictures aren't that clear

·
Administrator - Founding Member
92,846 Posts
both of mine look exactly the same, but as woolly say,s if it ain't.....

·
Administrator - Founding Member
92,846 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I can see no obvious reasons for them, they don't move. Now I'm thinking again and wondering if they are just supports for when the boot cover is lifted. Will take advice and leave well alone.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.