Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The retractible top stopped working suddenly.it has worked well in the 13 years I have had the car. hydraulic fluid is very low. I think the pass side actuator above windshield may have gone out. There are 3 places in the front of headliner that are puckered and have been for several years. The right, pass side now has puckering along the right side of headlinerall ther way to the back of that part. When the top quit, it was just opening the trunk lid and was about 10 to 12 inches open. Then it stopped. I think the next thing it would normally do is unlatch the top there above the windshield. The 2 little side back windows did get opened. I was able to jiggle the trunk lid so it closed. The system "thinks" the top is open because it beeps and flashes red.
I would like to know what hydraulic fluid to put in and some info where to start replacing that right front actuator.
Even more I would like to have someone do this repair who specializes in this in the SanJose, San Francisco area or slightly beyond.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,330 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts