Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member 2013 SLK250
2,339 Posts
Be interesting but do not think there are true nimbers. Many go unreported and owners live with it or do repairs on their own. I just bought a 2013 and found out a month later the roof had a leak. It was the small panel on the driver's side over the door that had come loose. Had a body shop to glue it back down with body adhesive. It cost me $100 which was about the same as buying adhesive and stuff needed to use it.

Attachments

·
Registered 2012 SLK350
786 Posts
It's quite widespread from what I can tell. I've had mine for about 5 years bought as a CPO. Took it back within 4 days for wind noise. They gave me a loaner, three days later it was ready, new roof and all. Never asked me anything, paperwork simple said "upgraded with transparent roof" and no charge. I was quite happy...

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered 2012 SLK350
786 Posts
I may be wrong, the problem should not effect SLC's since they never have had solid roofs, and to my knowledge MB quit offering the faulty solid roofs at least 5 or 6 years ago on the SLK's... there is an existing lengthy thread on the topic dating back about 5 years as well...

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts