Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this afternoon i dropped my roof on my 2003 slk sport. The bra was on the back headrest. The "dust cover" that goes up and down has two flaps on the corners and both sides. These flaps caught the headrest. Roof caught the center of the dust cover and would not go any further. Once i pulled it back and the roof dropped into trunk normally. When i went to raise roof back up it caught again causing two scratches on my roof. Roof does not go up and down woth out catching any longer. I assume i bent something on the dust cover bracket and im wondering where i should start looking for this issue. Any help would be aproeciated. Anyone else do this before?

·
Administrator Founding Member since 2006
103,101 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks i just read through em from the sounds of it the switch may be s126/127 for side flaps being open and closed? But i think i bent something since it throws no error readings and the top still wants to open close unless i stop it via the switch...

·
103,101 Posts

·
103,101 Posts
see my post above yours :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I didnt find anythig with search becuae i didnt know the name of the two flaps im hoping i can adjust this "sag" wich may fix my problem minus the stinkin scratches

·
103,101 Posts

·
103,101 Posts
dang smartphones! :D called parcel shelf flaps usually. I can check epc for technical name of not that

·
103,101 Posts
epc calls em
'covering' and covering left and covering right

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
There are two cables hanging in the top tight and left corner of my trunk with a 1 inch silver casing around them. At the end is a hook. I took photo but dont know how to attach. Will someone verify those cables go to the small hole towards the front of the vehicle on the same bracket? Mine are both disconnected. Im hoping thats a safety mechanism so those release before anythingg else breaks

·
103,101 Posts
Want to post a picture? Start a new thread or make a post, click ‘edit’, click on the ‘paper clip’ or ‘advanced’ and/or ‘manage attachments’ then ‘choose file’ then ‘upload’ and ‘submit’! If Iphone pics, you need to rename any additional pics as Iphone names its pics all the same, image.jpg.

there is a previous thread where i attached the hook and its part number

·
103,101 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.