Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the cars I test drove (and obviously played with the roof) they beeped upon completion of the roof being lowered/raised. In my "new" car - it doesn't. Am I being daft and not finding a menu option?

(yes, I've searched the forums, but can't find it)

Thanks in advance
Kirsty

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I should add that the cars that had the beep were 2015 and 2011, both lower spec'd than mine - I doubt it's going to be a massive issue that'll affect my life - I was just wondering where the beep had gone.

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Same here, no beep.

·
Registered
7 Posts
2011 no beep. I have also fitted smartTOP (with the latest software) and I can't see any setting to activate a beep on roof opening / closing.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Online 172 manual mentions a 'tone' to confirm fully open or fully closed.
My 2014 does it.
:grin: Thank you. I wan't sure what to call the noise....just wondered why it was missing....but am reassured it's a variable like most things on these beasts :)

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
No beep on my 2013.

·
Premium Member
2,185 Posts
Yepp, My 2018 has a "Bong" once the roof has completed it's closure :tu:

Kind of useful once You have a SmartTop fitted to advise when You can exceed the set SmartTop speed limit..!!
(But the "Bong" has nothing to do with SmartTop.. )

So could this function be linked to cars that have the optional "COMAND" head unit?
....which in My R172 gives additional functionality else where in the car...??

·
Registered
18 Posts
My first drive with a friends SLK had this bong too, and found this very good. When I bought my 2012 it did not ha this either.
While trying to activate this I activated the horn sounding once when locking the car. I cannot turn it of and so very interested in this thread.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You turn the horn honking off in the dashboard settings I believe.....it was driving me (and probably my neighbours) mad!

My first drive with a friends SLK had this bong too, and found this very good. When I bought my 2012 it did not ha this either.
While trying to activate this I activated the horn sounding once when locking the car. I cannot turn it of and so very interested in this thread.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts