Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member 1999 SLK230-sold
15,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Even though Rolls-Royce claims that every model they sell is bespoke, somehow the British manufacturer continues to show off certain cars that are apparently ‘more bespoke’ than others. The most recent is a Wraith dressed up in what the Brits call Golden Yellow, a color that would usually be reserved for cars of significantly lower value. Yes, I am thinking of older Honda Civics or maybe some Nissans, of the tuning variety.

However, somehow, this Rolls manages to pull it off. After all, the Goodwood-based company does claim that the Wraith was put together to be the sportiest offering in the range, appealing to a somewhat younger audience. Apparently that’s exactly what the Wraith did, with sales of the company at an all time high at the moment. Sure, the drop-topDawn could also have had something to do with it but let’s not digress.

The car was done in a bi-color finish with the Golden Yellow paint being applied to the lower half of the car while the bonnet, the roof and the boot lid spoiler were done in a sort of brushed aluminum shade that is absolutely stunning. Two-tone seven-spoke wheels complete the package, being done in glossy black with subtle grey accents.

Inside the cabin, the same Golden Yellow hue was used for certain details like the double R badge on the headrests, the seats and the dash trims. Viewed against the dominantly black interior, the cabin as a whole starts to look rather stunning. Chip in the monstrous power the 6.6-liter V12 engine under the hood makes and you could be racing older Civics in no time.

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
28,304 Posts
Talking to a fellow member at one of this years meets and they mentioned that younger audiences are drawn to yellow.

Judging by how many youngsters viewed their yellow R170 I'd have to agree.

Lucky, really.

I own a yellow m/c ;)

I'm not too keen on the tone of yellow used by RR though.

That might look better red and black.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts