Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

*Registered
2005 SLK350
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Totally agree with Rory.
If you have not adjusted your seat in several drives then try it if you feel any discomfort.

Different coats, shoes, moods all require a tweak.
Think like this.
*Stand up straight and note your position.
Now stand as if on parade.
That slight difference is enough to cause discomfort when seated on longer drives.

* not whilst in the car ;)
Haha 馃槀 thanks bro it was a comfy drive

**Premium Member 2014 SLK200
I do have them adjusted properly. But they're just bad. I've driven a lot of cars over the years, quite a few brand new. But they're all bad in one or the other. For me. To hard, to soft, to wide .. etc.

The 55 have bucket seats, they're different even from the 350. I just sit very well and they're just exactly right.
Must be Goldilocks seats in your 55 Turbo 馃槂

*Registered
R171 SLK280 Roadster 2dr Auto 7sp 3.0i [MY07]
Haha 馃槀 thanks bro it was a comfy drive
Is it good for engine long distance driving 900kms each way?
View attachment 608436
Why not, just make sure that the cruise control is working and all the fluids are good.
The SLK is the best for interstellar (Instate travel). Have been doing SYD-MELB-ADL-SYD every 2 weeks since start of Covid.
Biggest advice is don't support your legs too much with the seat, and check engine oil level
Even after driving Adelaide to Sydney (1355km) in one day, my body still works when I get home. Haha
My rides for travelling is SLK280 or Chrysler SRT Satin Core.
Remember, Cars are for driving
Have fun
Paul "Sydney Boy"

*Premium Member
2006 SLK280
The SLK is the best for interstellar (Instate travel). Have been doing SYD-MELB-ADL-SYD every 2 weeks since start of Covid.
Biggest advice is don't support your legs too much with the seat, and check engine oil level
Even after driving Adelaide to Sydney (1355km) in one day, my body still works when I get home. Haha
My rides for travelling is SLK280 or Chrysler SRT Satin Core.
Remember, Cars are for driving
Have fun
Paul "Sydney Boy"
Its been too many years since i did that trip (45 years ago) when i lived in Melbourne, early mornings are best! Drive it like its stolen and look out for bogies!! I prefer Somerset to Cornwall these days. Enjoy.

**Registered 2007 SLK350 - From San Rafael, CA
Unfortunately, here in California, it just doesn鈥檛 seem possible to drive a distance without getting stick in the worst traffic no matter where u go. This state wants to end cars as we know it and hasn鈥檛 spent on new roads, more roads or fixing them! Today was just a stop n go drive for 150 miles to a friends 100th bday celebration! Sure the slk is a very comfortable ride but stop n go traffic takes all the fun out of it鈥
馃槦

*Registered
2005 SLK350
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Thanks for the advice,
Appreciate it a lot I did check oils but now I noticed air conditioner needs regas
馃榿馃ぃ

*Registered
2008 SLK350
Hi, I would not worry too much. Just check all of the suggested things and go. We did a trip from Cooktown to Longreach and back through the Queensland Outback (just over 3000km in a week but not driving every day). She performed beautiful. Was a dream of a trip.

Have a lot of fun on your trip.;):D

21 - 27 of 27 Posts