Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pulled out of my community onto the main road,,, no cars coming,
So now I'm doing 50 in a 45 on cruse control,, when a VW sedan driven buy some kid with his ball cap on sideways comes up behind me at high speed.
He starts beeping his horn, so I look back and see him giving me the wtf hand gesture. Well I'm doing 5 over the speed limit in the passing lane and I'm right next to a green Kia Soul who's going about the same speed, so would have to speed up and move In front of the Kia to let the idiot pass. I decided to just stay where I was. This made him even madder, but I wasn't going to be bullied by this hot head. As I pulled ahead of the Kia, the idiot pulls to the right in front of the Kia and zooms past me on the right. I just. Keep my cool and as we get to the next intersection he turns right and I follow behind him because I'm going in the same direction. Now he slows way down in front of me as if to piss me off, but I'm not in any hurry and now all the cars he passed earlier are passing him on the left as he attempted to piss me off. I can't pass him so I just stay behind him at 20 mph with my left hand on my 1911 45 cal. I keep in the side bin, Just in case. Eventually he speeds up and is now behind all the other cars that passed us. I just went on about my day in my shiny little black 320 and a smile on my face.

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
93,522 Posts
Well Gordo, not really a:
Driving Stories Politically correct way of saying Kill stories

but I guess I will leave it here :D

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
1911 .45 Colt

I always knew you had style Gordo.
How would that stack up to the cheap Chinese pattern AK47 the other chap might have had behind his seat.:surprise:

Just askin', not judgin'. firearms are a fairly rare issue here. I've never thought about which one I might have, or where I would keep it.

·
Registered
309 Posts
the US and UK are so alike, same language (well with a few letters different in some words and some slightly different meaning to some words which is funny sometimes), similar TV programmes (I suspect we get more of yours than you get of ours), pop music, fashion, etc. But then you go and show we are so far apart.....1911 .45 colt !!!!! If I had slipped my hand into my side bin I would have pulled out an old home recorded cassette, fruit gums that had gone hard and an umbrella ! I've never even seen a real gun let alone held one ! :)

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well Gordo, not really a:
Driving Stories Politically correct way of saying Kill stories

but I guess I will leave it here :D
If I left out the part about the 45 would it be a driving story?

·
93,522 Posts
Nope. The driving story is a 'race' between 2 cars.
see some of my threads, as an example, in this section.

·
Super Moderator
24,815 Posts
Well done Gordosoar.

Sometimes it's more fun to let them think they've got you as everyone else that they've cheesed off
simply passes by.

Our side pockets are loaded with fruit pastilles, a drink and my smokes.
I suppose if it turned nasty I could always dare them not to chew the pastilles.

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I always knew you had style Gordo.
How would that stack up to the cheap Chinese pattern AK47 the other chap might have had behind his seat.:surprise:

Just askin', not judgin'. firearms are a fairly rare issue here. I've never thought about which one I might have, or where I would keep it.
I keep the 45 there just in case. I don't show it unless I'm going to use it.

He would have had to brandish the Ak 47 first and then and only then would I pull out the 45. And once you decide to pull it out,, there is no going back.
The next thing you would hear is BANG! I don't mess around with people that pull a gun out first.

I'm a Navy permanent pistol and rifle expert.

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nope. The driving story is a 'race' between 2 cars.
see some of my threads, as an example, in this section.
I didn't know.
But it was a race of sorts,,,, let's see who can go the slowest.

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the US and UK are so alike, same language (well with a few letters different in some words and some slightly different meaning to some words which is funny sometimes), similar TV programmes (I suspect we get more of yours than you get of ours), pop music, fashion, etc. But then you go and show we are so far apart.....1911 .45 colt !!!!! If I had slipped my hand into my side bin I would have pulled out an old home recorded cassette, fruit gums that had gone hard and an umbrella !

I've never even seen a real gun let alone held one ! :)
In this country, never having held a gun would be like saying, I've never held a Breast. Not going to happen. :smile::smile:

·
Super Moderator/Florida Event Coordinator
13,952 Posts
I decided to just stay where I was. This made him even madder, but I wasn't going to be bullied by this hot head.
Sorry Gordo, not a smooth move on your part. When someone stupid does that to me, I move out of the way and let them pass...then...I wave to them with a big smile on my face like I know who they are!

Too many road rage incidents in Florida end up with someone always going to jail or worse.

I keep the 45 there just in case. I don't show it unless I'm going to use it.

He would have had to brandish the Ak 47 first and then and only then would I pull out the 45. And once you decide to pull it out,, there is no going back.
The next thing you would hear is BANG! I don't mess around with people that pull a gun out first.

I'm a Navy permanent pistol and rifle expert.
I have a Sig P238 on me at ALL times but would NEVER instigate an opportunity to use it in a road rage incident.

In this country, never having held a gun would be like saying, I've never held a ...... Not going to happen. :smile::smile:
I'm not :smile::smile: at that comment, not only is it disrespectful to the many ladies on this forum but the use of that terminology is forbidden.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Here is how you deal with the driver who has an attitude

This happened to me, this is my video. A Porsche driver (911S) sneering at a lowly SLK gets tagged by a police officer!

This is why I have a dashcam – you never know what idiot you're going to see make a fool of himself. Of course the sergeant could never have a dash cam, incriminating evidence you know! LOL

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Interesting story. I am certainly not a fan of those Fast and Flatulant punks, or loud pipes on cars and bikes (sorry dudes-but is it really necessary to break the sound barrier every time you shift?).

I have a story. I was doing 35 once in a 35 mph zone. Up over the hill came a car which perched itself about five inches off my rear. Looking in the mirror I saw the driver giving me the familiar "WTF?" hand gesture. When the speed limit went up to 45, I increased my speed to 45, with the driver of course still right on my tail. I raised my arm and pointed to the speed limit sign. As soon as he could he blew past me, but not so fast that I didn't notice the plate in the car-a state owned/operated vehicle. Ahhh....a government employee. I sped up, took the number off the plate, and went about my business. Later I went to the state website and found a provision for reporting improprieties in the execution of state programs. I provided all the details, including a description of the driver. I included a statement such as "I shouldn't have to pay nearly 35% of my income in taxes so that you can use my money to endanger my safety". This ain't my first rodeo, and I realize nothing probably happened to him, but it made me feel better, and I didn't have to shoot anyone or serve time in the "pokey".

·
93,522 Posts
So you're the one that reported me :D

·
93,522 Posts
Let's put this thread to bed.
we stay away from g uns and other topics like politics and gov't thoughts on g uns as you can see by the sites' censoring the word

·
93,522 Posts
the site puts those in...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.