Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered 2006 SLK280
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I drove from OC to big bear, through a section of the road called "Rim of the World Scenic byway". In general, it is a mountainous drive with lots of curves, tight curves... therefore the speed is relative slow (under 50mph - lots of CHP present). The drive is scenic, temperature is relatively cooler than Socal... very beautiful view. Into big bear town... it is somewhat quiet and not much there, but by the night time, the town come alive.... I suggest we Socal should organize a trip there... maybe a day trip, or even overnight to experience the night live there before the winter set in....

·
Premium Member 2014 SLK55 AMG
1,651 Posts
Did you get any photos of the drive?

·
Registered 2006 SLK280
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you get any photos of the drive?
Unfortunately, the roads was quite twisty, I was totally concerntrated. By the time we came back, it was 11pm.... totally dark so the drive was event more intense.... I took lots of pictures in the big bear town. Any way, my car has a dash cam, so sure i can pull videos from it. I will try to download and edit the videos in the coming day....

·
Premium Member 2009 SLK55 AMG
11,453 Posts

·
Registered 2006 SLK280
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
This is a great drive and a for sure to do a getogether!!! I elect you to get this going for a trip in Oct!!! Good times in Big Bear!!!
Thank you for entrusting me with this "duty".... However, I believe many members from our socal group (Durk, Eddy..) are much more qualified and experienced in organize trips like these. I live only 2 hrs away from big bear, but the last time I drove up there (beside this trip) was 20 years ago!!. If some one organize the run for Oct, I definitely will joint!!

Sunset on Big Bear lake....

Attachments

·
Premium Member 2009 SLK55 AMG
11,453 Posts
Thank you for entrusting me with this "duty".... However, I believe many members from our socal group (Durk, Eddy..) are much more qualified and experienced in organize trips like these. I live only 2 hrs away from big bear, but the last time I drove up there (beside this trip) was 20 years ago!!. If some one organize the run for Oct, I definitely will joint!!
You can lead it, it's easy no problem! Just do it like Nike says!:laugh:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts