Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Founding Member 2006
108,819 Posts
looking at the surrounding paint also, neglect. or do you mean the rusted dent it it?
Where in the USA do you live? that might help answer the question, things like road salt, etc

·
Founding Member 2006
108,819 Posts
as cool says above, you backed into somehing

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It probably started banging itself on something to get your attention so it got a wash......... :wink:

Seriously though it looks like a dent so must have been hit by something, maybe a stick or stone?

Or perhaps you have reversed into something...?
That makes sense, but I think someone punch it with their fist or punch it with their ring. Do you think that would cause that dent?

·
Founding Member 2006
108,819 Posts
they would be pretty stupid then to do that instead of keying your car, no? :D

·
*Premium Member
2009 SLK55 AMG
14,628 Posts
You might have backed into something or maybe a shopping cart? Or maybe you couldn't get the golf bag back into the trunk with the top down so you grabbed one of your putter and swacked it? >:D>:D:surprise:

Reactions: jbanks15

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You might have backed into something or maybe a shopping cart? Or maybe you couldn't get the golf bag back into the trunk with the top down so you grabbed one of your putter and swacked it? >:D>:D:surprise:
No, but I am going to wait here for someone to tell me how to replace that myself. The dealership wants to charge me $2,687.00 to install it. I am not rich!

If I do it myself. I am going to have to raise up the car, right?

·
Founding Member 2006
108,819 Posts

·
*Premium Member
2004 SLK200K
10,777 Posts
You should be able to remove the tip removing the holding bolt and soaking in WD-40 or similar, you can then pick up a new tip off eBay or similar or take it to a chroming place, they may be able to fix it, when I bought my chrome roll bars they came dented and scratched, I took them a guy who knew his stuff on chroming and they came back like new !

·
**Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG
449 Posts
Just get comfy on the ground behind the vehicle, get some metal polish, and give that 55 the TLC it deserves. The nick will be much less apparent after it's buffed out. Then, throw a bucket of soapy water over the rest of it, for crying out loud !

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just get comfy on the ground behind the vehicle, get some metal polish, and give that 55 the TLC it deserves. The nick will be much less apparent after it's buffed out. Then, throw a bucket of soapy water over the rest of it, for crying out loud !
Thanks:crying: You gave the best advice! And thanks to everybody else for trying.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.