Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was returning from the Great Dorset Steam Fair on Sunday evening in the BMW, hoping for a decent journey, as it was a UK Bank Holiday with unseasonably good weather and therefore every man and his dog would be out on the roads. As it happened, the motorways were pretty good - busy, but all flowing nicely.

While driving we saw a few SLKs - two R171's (one silver, one black) heading in our direction and an orange (yes, orange) R170 heading in the other direction! The shade of orange was the same shade as MB used in their C111 concept car. Not a colour I thought was available on the R170. Can anyone shed any light on the colour?

And apologies, but no business cards were exchanged. The cards were in Silkie, where they belong. :x

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
94,113 Posts
I keep cards in my wallet also

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
Hi All
I have a Smart Fortwo night orange which I'm told was painted by Brabus ,So could be a Brabus colour . It looks very close to the same orange

https://youtu.be/MVZj474jNqU

Cheers

Andy

·
Super Moderator
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Same.

Amateurs these days eh Banks, complete Amateurs!
I think it a bit rich to go chasing after SLKs (and catching most of them) in a 5-Series. They may think I'm out to steal their car - or just race them! And where would that end up?

Savcom in front Mr. Plod said:
"Sorry Officer. I was just chasing after that SLK to give him a card...."

I suppose I could blame Mr. Banks...

Savcom in front Mr. Plod said:
"Sorry Officer. I was just doing my Duty and chasing after that SLK to give him a card because I was told to by Jeff Banks ...."

And no, Mr. Banks. You do not have plausible deniability. :x

·
Super Moderator
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
But back to the colour Orange. That Brabus colour looks pretty close, @ZeroZero . Unusual and striking.

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
94,113 Posts
You can use my name. Others have in the past and will continue to do so in the future :D

·
Super Moderator
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I suppose it won't hurt to put some cards in the Beemer and put a bumper sticker on the back of her saying "My other car is an SLK".....

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
I suppose it won't hurt to put some cards in the Beemer and put a bumper sticker on the back of her saying "My other car is an SLK".....
I said nothing about chasing anyone down, simply that you should keep your cards in your wallet. Amateur! :p

Also if you get one of those stickers made up I need two please, one for the golf and one for the MPV.

If there's any interest in these stickers I could probably get a batch made up..

·
Super Moderator
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I said nothing about chasing anyone down, simply that you should keep your cards in your wallet. Amateur!
I say sir. Steady on! 0:)

Also if you get one of those stickers made up I need two please, one for the golf and one for the MPV.

If there's any interest in these stickers I could probably get a batch made up..
Now there's a thought. With (perhaps) a little SLKWorld motif across the bottom.

·
Super Moderator
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That was probably a little harsh.

Apologies.
No apology needed, @RLander. Truly. :D

You're right in a way. I have cards in my work bag and in Silkie. I just need to spread the cards around to spread the love a bit more often.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts