Mercedes SLK World banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rice Rocket Fail

7K views 27 replies 21 participants last post by  boglea 
#1 ·
There I was, top down enjoying the sun, when one of those obnoxious Boy Racers in a de-badged Japanese Rice Rocket pulled up along side of me in the left lane. A subset known to all, gray primer paint, 4" exhaust pipe that sounds like a Tiger Tank, radio " WFO" with some sort of grunting totally obscured by the bass. At any rate, the road ahead went from 2 lanes down to one in about 50 yards. Now I didn't fancy staying behind that lout and suffering the
onslaught of noise, so when the light turned green, I proceeded to move out at a smart pace so as to merge left ahead. Well... evidently this was
perceived as a challenge by my tormentor and he floored it, banging gears as hard as he could go. Looking over at him, I pushed down on the accelerator
and and the SLK responded like the Starship Enterprise going into warp drive. As I glanced back in the rear view mirror, he was far behind, still making
lots of noise and giving it all it would take... to no avail, as I merged left with him receding rapidly in the distance. Bremen did a fine job of assembling
this SLK & good breeding shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.