Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, I have a problem with my SLK.

Whenever I accelerate hard, it would go up to 110kmh but it won't go any higher and the gear wouldn't change unless I take my foot off the pedal. Also after that, when I decelerate to zero, the rev would go up and down crazily and I would have to restart it for it to become normal again . sometimes it would die as well.

I've been looking around the forum for this problem but I'm still not sure.

Could it be the MAF? or the k40 relay? Or possibly the spark plugs? I have not replaced the spark plugs yet.

Thanks in advance! Highly appreciate it guys.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Sorry to learn about your problem. I am no expert on this sort of stuff, but it sounds to me like an electrical issue in the 'brains' of the car.

I can guarantee that a knowledgeable and helpful forum member who understands about these things will be along soon to offer a more intelligent and informed reply than mine !

Hope you get it sorted.

Barry

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay, I looked into all possible solutions and thank you all for it!

No, I did not have the gear on 4th but on D.

Also there weren't any check engine light or ASP light or anything like that.

After looking at symptoms, today I decided to go to the dealer to get error code reading. I got p0170 and p0130. So I got the MAF and throttle actuator cleaned and the error didn't come up ever since. I tried accelerating after it got cleaned and the car is more responsive than before. Later today I'll accelerate harder to see if the problem is still there.

But thank you all for the solutions!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.