Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
David Kareken has been reunited with his beloved dog Kali after she survived 10 days alone in the Canada’s Quentico Provincial Park.David Kareken was on a kayaking trip with family when their adored dog, Kali, went missing in the rapids of Rebecca Falls, the collie golden retriever mix was walking near the water when she tried to jump across to a nearby rock landing.Although Kali was on a leash, the force of the jump caused the beloved pup to slip out of grip of Mr Kareken’s son, Zachary. “My son was holding the leash…it pulled out of his hands,” Mr Kareken said.“As soon as I saw his face… I knew what happened. I was horrified.”Three weeks later, the family received a call from park rangers saying they had found a dog matching Kali’s description.

·
Registered-sold my '55
905 Posts
Wonderful country up in that neck of the woods, borders on Minnesota the park is about 460,000 hectares so it's a fair size Provincial Park....and if you fancy going in the Spring make sure you take your black fly spray or they just might carry you and your SLK away:surprise:

The dog was very fortunate to survive for so long unless she was rescued rather quickly. But there again dogs are pretty amazing creatures.:smile:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts