Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Looking for someone who might be able to retrofit a reverse camera for me in the uk? do we have anyone like that here who does it as a hobby?

Thanks

·
Registered 2012 SLK250 CDI
291 Posts
Hi,

Looking for someone who might be able to retrofit a reverse camera for me in the uk? do we have anyone like that here who does it as a hobby?

Thanks
i am having one fitted here in Birmingham next week , the chap has been recommended to me by 2 different merc dealers , i can let you know more after its been installed ,

·
291 Posts
I also have audio 20 ,, I am having Parking sensors front and rear with the displays and the reversing camera done as the same time and my smart top installed as well , I will hold back the installers details until I am totally satisfied that he has done decent install and I will then happily pass on his details ,, I can say the prices are very reasonable compared to some quotes I have had by others .. And I am have been assured that genuine Mercedes parts will be used in the most part ie the rear camera , can bus module and interface , middle section of the front grill and some other bit and bobs .

·
291 Posts
yes , i had the reverse camera fitted and front & rear parking sensors ,, i am well chuffed with the whole package , the reverse camera is barley noticeable ,in fact you have to bend down and really look to see it at all ,,, the screen comes up with the red and yellow guide lines that turn with the steering wheel as to show you where you will end up ....
the parking sensors have the same display bars as factory fitted and look totally stock .the only difference is in my e320 i can switch off the sensors with a button by the gear stick ,not sure if slk's have a button to turn them off ???

i can fully recommend the chap who installed them , i watched the whole process and he was very professional and neat and careful.
all work is covered with a 1 year parts and labour warranty as well and the prices are very reasonable compared to all the other places i had quotes from ...
i will be using him very soon to install heated seats and a crash /security camera system with hard drive and wifi to my slk ...

he name is Neil from " Vehicle Installation Solutions " based in Sutton Coldfield and the contact number is 07969 585 292 ...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes , i had the reverse camera fitted and front & rear parking sensors ,, i am well chuffed with the whole package , the reverse camera is barley noticeable ,in fact you have to bend down and really look to see it at all ,,, the screen comes up with the red and yellow guide lines that turn with the steering wheel as to show you where you will end up ....
the parking sensors have the same display bars as factory fitted and look totally stock .the only difference is in my e320 i can switch off the sensors with a button by the gear stick ,not sure if slk's have a button to turn them off ???

i can fully recommend the chap who installed them , i watched the whole process and he was very professional and neat and careful.
all work is covered with a 1 year parts and labour warranty as well and the prices are very reasonable compared to all the other places i had quotes from ...
i will be using him very soon to install heated seats and a crash /security camera system with hard drive and wifi to my slk ...

he name is Neil from " Vehicle Installation Solutions " based in Sutton Coldfield and the contact number is 07969 585 292 ...
Hi,

Can i just clarify what parts you had to pay for?

In the case of the rear camera, was it just plugging a read camera feed into the back unit and coding?

I think if there is a need to buy a media interface it will cost alot of money?

Can you tell me how much you have spent?

Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.