Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks

After a search I'm aware that there have been some posts on this topic, so I hope you will bear with me as I seek some clarification and advice.

I have a 2008 SLK 350 (305) fitted with NTG 2.5 Comand Aps (Code 512). I believe that in UK this had an original option to have DAB radio fitted. I would like to fit this option to my car - I know there are better aftermarket options but would like to keep things close to original.

Having done some research I think that I need to get a DAB radio module (part no. A2048705490) and possibly change the aerial (from part no. A1718201775 to part no. A1718201875).

Could you please advise;
1. Is this feasible
2. Are the part numbers listed correct
3. Do I require any other components
4. Has anybody else been foolish enough to try this

Thanks in advance

·
Administrator - Founding Member
92,892 Posts

A 204 870 54 90
RECEIVER, DAB
DIGITAL RADIO; DAB
Code: 537;
Quantity: 1
A 221 900 01 00
CONTROL UNIT
DIGITAL RADIO
Code: 537+800;
Quantity: 1

·
92,892 Posts

·
92,892 Posts
datacard posted in your req thread

see this attachment also

Attachments

·
92,892 Posts
your dab radio part number with your vin says this

The part number you have selected is not valid for the VIN entered here. Where a valid part number is available for the part item, it will have been marked in the parts list. If, along with the item number, it was not possible to determine a valid part number, then please undertake a manual research for the part concerned.

·
92,892 Posts
your first antenna part says the same with your vin

The part number you have selected is not valid for the VIN entered here. Where a valid part number is available for the part item, it will have been marked in the parts list. If, along with the item number, it was not possible to determine a valid part number, then please undertake a manual research for the part concerned.

·
92,892 Posts
and your replacement antenna part number with same vin also says

·
92,892 Posts
so not the expert but I say:

1. Is this feasible --------- no
2. Are the part numbers listed correct ---------correct part numbers but not for your pre fl slk

·
92,892 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oops - but this one is an fl r171 - unless its had serious body mods and a replacement engine - (Hope Not) - lol.

·
92,892 Posts
Mercedes DAB Digital Radio Information.

Mercedes Benz DAB Digital Radio solutions

NTG2.5. This was the enhanced Stereo fitted from approx mid 2008 across the main model range (A, B, C, E, CLS, CLS, ML, GL, R, SL, SLK). NTG2.5 does understand the concept of DAB, and thus the tuner is fully integrated in that it is used through various specific DAB menus which appear alongside the FM/AM/LW/SW menu system. Sadly however, it is only COMAND that can support this and not Audio-20 and for these vehicles with COMAND the ideal retrofit DAB tuner is the in2digi D-MB-2.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Jeff, the statement

'The part number you have selected is not valid for the VIN entered here. Where a valid part number is available for the part item, it will have been marked in the parts list. If, along with the item number, it was not possible to determine a valid part number, then please undertake a manual research for the part concerned.'

Surely comes up as the epc knows what the vehicle left the factory with via its VIN and if a part does not relate to a part that the vehicle is coded for then the above message.

The red one is having Parktronic fitted (other things have got in the way of completing it) and looking on an epc using the VIN does not show any parts applicable to the Parktronic system for the VIN. However, as others have found this is a viable retrofit.

So perhaps DAB is doable. If Blackbird51 can get the parts cheaply why not try and join the other pioneers on the site.....nothing ventured, nothing gained.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Hi folks

After a search I'm aware that there have been some posts on this topic, so I hope you will bear with me as I seek some clarification and advice.

I have a 2008 SLK 350 (305) fitted with NTG 2.5 Comand Aps (Code 512). I believe that in UK this had an original option to have DAB radio fitted. I would like to fit this option to my car - I know there are better aftermarket options but would like to keep things close to original.

Having done some research I think that I need to get a DAB radio module (part no. A2048705490) and possibly change the aerial (from part no. A1718201775 to part no. A1718201875).

Could you please advise;
1. Is this feasible
2. Are the part numbers listed correct

Thanks in advance

Had a peek in WIS. Couldn't find a document that describes a retrofit, but based on what others say and the documents present in WIS I think it is doable.

requires a separate control unit that goes on the equipment carrier in the trunk, and separate DAB antenna on the trunk lid. Control unit must be connected to the MOST ring and may require some coding of the Comand unit to get it to work. But all and all I would say, yes it can be done. Don't know about the partnrs.

Here are some docs that may be useful https://drive.google.com/open?id=1T3Kmyr2D8hh1EpKrakpuYuAFFe7IeSJx
Let us know how you are doing and if you need more info.
Good luck!

·
92,892 Posts
Jeff, the statement

'The part number you have selected is not valid for the VIN entered here. Where a valid part number is available for the part item, it will have been marked in the parts list. If, along with the item number, it was not possible to determine a valid part number, then please undertake a manual research for the part concerned.'

Surely comes up as the epc knows what the vehicle left the factory with via its VIN and if a part does not relate to a part that the vehicle is coded for then the above message.

The red one is having Parktronic fitted (other things have got in the way of completing it) and looking on an epc using the VIN does not show any parts applicable to the Parktronic system for the VIN. However, as others have found this is a viable retrofit.

So perhaps DAB is doable. If Blackbird51 can get the parts cheaply why not try and join the other pioneers on the site.....nothing ventured, nothing gained.
Just an fyi :D

was not from epc

was from replacement isppi

and isppi sees his vehicle and I got him his datacard

when i put his requested part numbers for the radio and antenna, is when that message appears.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts