Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being new to this forum I apologise in advance if I've missed a post, but I did do a search on the topic without finding any neat results.

My R170 special edition does not have heated seats, and I feel that it would be a good addition, considering that I live in a cold country.

The easy solution would be to just swap the seats out, but considering that the nappa leather seats basically are what makes the edition part worth it I've decided not to go that way. Does anyone have experience in retrofitting heater pads in the special edition seats? Is this an extremely hard task to take on?

Link to heater pads that I've found in a local store, that I might consider buying and installing unless anyone tells me otherwise.
Värmesits, 2 st. - Värmesits Stolvärme Stolvärmare Sätesvärme - Biltema

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,947 Posts
Being new to this forum I apologise in advance if I've missed a post, but I did do a search on the topic without finding any neat results.

My R170 special edition does not have heated seats, and I feel that it would be a good addition, considering that I live in a cold country.

The easy solution would be to just swap the seats out, but considering that the nappa leather seats basically are what makes the edition part worth it I've decided not to go that way. Does anyone have experience in retrofitting heater pads in the special edition seats? Is this an extremely hard task to take on?

Link to heater pads that I've found in a local store, that I might consider buying and installing unless anyone tells me otherwise.
Värmesits, 2 st. - Värmesits Stolvärme Stolvärmare Sätesvärme - Biltema
from a search of our site

https://www.google.com/#q=site:slkworld.com+r170+retorfit+heated+seats

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.