Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello,

i want to retrofit audio 20 (ntg 2.5) to comand aps (ntg 2.5) to a facelift slk (r171).

any guide / any help?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i have installed it but I cannot hear any audio. I can see all functions on the screen but not audio :( any idea what is wrong??

maybe it is programmed for harman kordon which i dont have? :(

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
PM UK-C200, you may be right about the HK option.

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
If you see "Logic 7" as an option, your head is configured for an external HK amp, which you don't have.

You need to go into DAS and either tell your head that you don't have an amp, or if you are using an older version of DAS, set "Force use of internal amp".

To the best of my knowledge, there is no way to do this without DAS.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi I have been for a long time reading your posts and i think you guys know alot about this upgrade, to make the long story i have a us model slk350 with audio 20 after reading alot i found that othe people have upgraded so i bought a new audio 20 ntg 2.5 and cables from Frank @Kabeldaviko + i bought an ipod kit ,talked with the dealer (service adviser is my friend) and the telematics guy at the dealer installed the radio,today my service advisor called and told me that the radio is working but it keep blowing the fuse and they suspect it was the adapterset from Frank,telematics guy today was off to talk directly with him, so ill call him tomorrow to know better whats going on, do you guys have any ide what it may be?maybe the adapterset form ntg 1 to ntg 2.5 or maybe the microphone cable????or something else?
I emailed Frank With the problem too let see what he gonna say.
Thank You

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi I have been for a long time reading your posts and i think you guys know alot about this upgrade, to make the long story i have a us model slk350 with audio 20 after reading alot i found that othe people have upgraded so i bought a new audio 20 ntg 2.5 and cables from Frank @Kabeldaviko + i bought an ipod kit ,talked with the dealer (service adviser is my friend) and the telematics guy at the dealer installed the radio,today my service advisor called and told me that the radio is working but it keep blowing the fuse and they suspect it was the adapterset from Frank,telematics guy today was off to talk directly with him, so ill call him tomorrow to know better whats going on, do you guys have any ide what it may be?maybe the adapterset form ntg 1 to ntg 2.5 or maybe the microphone cable????or something else?
I emailed Frank With the problem too let see what he gonna say.
Thank You
Hey 5slk350,

Were you able to solve your problem?

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Guys - Franks cable sets are for ROW spec heads, not US - you will need to swap a couple of wires around.

If you go look at Linuxpro's retrofit thread, I posted the pinouts for the US spec units.

·
Registered
3 Posts
UK-C200 thank you for your answer i saw the diagram but i not comfortable changing cables around that, can you change it for me? if i send you cables that i received from Frank at cabel daviko and you can change the cables around ill pay your price i can send money with paypal and i pay all the shiping fees let me know ,now to explain again i own as 05 slk 350 usa model i bought the ntg 2.5 i talked with my dealer (i now the service adviser ) and they decided to install it after they tryed copule of times it keept blowing the fuse i emailed Frank us wiring diagrams for ntg 2.5 radio that the tech guy printed for me at the dealer but he said it was all the same he sad maybe the ground and power cable was in different pins other than that he said its all the same i wanted to insatll ipod to but we waiting for another 2009 slk to show up at the dealer so he can swap my radio and do the programing at that car because is not taking scn programing at my car bluetooth works great fm radio reception is bad let me know if you can help me
Thank You
Afrim

(Sorry i'm new i cant sent private messaages)

·
Registered
27 Posts
PM sent to you - there's easier ways to get it fixed than to ship it over to me in the UK! ;-)
Hi UK-C200,

I have the same problem but it's the other way around. I've got a US Audio 20 NTG2.5 to put on a European SLK350 that has the old Audio 20.

Would it work?

Could kindly help?

Thx!

Cheers
JP

1 - 11 of 11 Posts