Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I have had intermittent problems with the engine management light , when taken to dealer problem diagnosed as cam timing solenoids, the error was reset and did not reappear for quite some time, I know in the states there was a service Campaign No. 2012070002 to insert the modified wiring harnesses.
I removed the connectors from the solenoids and 3 of the 4 had traces of oil on them so my first thought was to purchase 4 off MA271 150 27 33 described as D48G Starter Line ( this modified harness prevents oil wicking up the leads) which have now arrived however these do not fit the existing connectors to the solenoids,
anybody have any ideas why

will add some photo's tomorrow

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks roostrer you have confirmed what I was thinking , I have got the wrong part number as mine engine is the slk280 v6, 3 litre, I think its a case of replacing the leaky position sensors first and see if that cures the problem at source.
thanks everybody

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks Pete is never fails to amaze me the information that's available via the forums. the pdf you sent me certainly gives me the info I need to track down and solve the problem
thanks again

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I in Swanage, if you ever need a scan with Das on your car just let me know. Also i can show you hot to change your magnets.
thanks i860 with the offer of help , its always handy to know where to go for help and advice when your stuck and you're not a million miles down the road, but I think for now the info that sneaky pete sent me will sortr out the current problem
regards
rog

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.