Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I recently found a set of decent heated and power seats at the junk yard from a 2001 SLK 320. I am wondering what I would need to do to put them into my 2001 SLK 230 that currently has only manual seats.
I should be able to get whatever I need off of the donor car.

Anybody done this before or able to offer any insight?

Thanks!

·
Registered 2005 SLK350
2,223 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you @mchild ! That's exactly what I needed. I had searched the forums already but couldn't find much. Hopefully the seats are still intact when I head back to the junk yard tomorrow!

·
Premium Member 2001 SLK320
1,032 Posts
Interesting.
Shows seat heaters and the extra harness needed, so I can see that harness is not going to be fitted to every car.

Do you have link to same info for power seat option?
I am curious whether that harness is std fit or an added auxiliary harness only fitted with power seats.

As an aside, I sat in a R170 recently with power seats for the first time and liked the tilt.
Even though the seat was the same shape, I was able to get more comfortable.
So despite the complexity and one more thing to go wrong, I’d fit them if I could find a set.

Can anyone answer whether the electric seat goes as low as the std one, ?
Often they don’t because of the space needed for the mechanism.

·
Super Moderator UK 2002 SLK320 Blue
2,841 Posts
When you go back to the breakers, you'll need to get the switches and console out too.

I have some seat wiring diagrams somewhere if those will help.

·
Registered 2005 SLK350
2,223 Posts
Interesting.
Shows seat heaters and the extra harness needed, so I can see that harness is not going to be fitted to every car.

Do you have link to same info for power seat option?
I am curious whether that harness is std fit or an added auxiliary harness only fitted with power seats.

As an aside, I sat in a R170 recently with power seats for the first time and liked the tilt.
Even though the seat was the same shape, I was able to get more comfortable.
So despite the complexity and one more thing to go wrong, I’d fit them if I could find a set.

Can anyone answer whether the electric seat goes as low as the std one, ?
Often they don’t because of the space needed for the mechanism.
Unfortunately, there is not a similar document for adding electric seats. What I found was some basic info on the compoent locations and the add-on wiring harness which has part number 170 540 34 07.

Wiring Harness: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tQZfXP3BuZAOCxGhAvCsFLX1elzMY2rT/view?usp=sharing

Seat Components: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1x4O_1a2mP1qMbO61D1z6PSNbbfTR9Xq7/view?usp=sharing

·
Registered 2002 SLK320
1,986 Posts
Hi,

See my thread here, post #43 :-

https://www.slkworld.com/performance-mods-r170/533795-slk-320-slk-500-daves-project-3.html

My Car had Electric Adjust Cloth Seats, I added the Heated full Electric Leather ones.

I can't help you with the Motorised Adjustment Wiring, but there is info about how to add the Heaters and Sub Loom etc.

The Heater Sub loom is no longer available, you need the loom out of the Car the Seats came from, not that these are a bear to remove because they are Cable Tied to clips behind the Heater Box, when you retro fit it you have no need to do this, I used a Flexible Wire to pull them through and Cable Tied them to the main Loom each side of the Heater Box, which made a nice tidy install.

HTH, Cheers Dave

1 - 8 of 8 Posts