Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi fellow members,
I will perform a hydraulic actuators repair in a few weeks after my semester finishes. Yes, they started leaking... Well, at least locking cylinder above the headliner. My question is does anyone know the part number for this nut with the rubber seal on it? I'd like to replace it since I got under the headliner.
Here are the pics of the nut and it's location:

I will greatly appreciate your help!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hi Jason,

I'm pretty sure it is A 201 988 05 11
Woolly, do you mean that it's the same rubber "buffer" (as catalog qualifies it) that is used in the front for hood and in the back for the trunk? That would be awesome! Simply means they didn't have to reinvent the wheel =)

Update: Yes, that's the correct part number. It's number 9 or 18 (same) on this diagram, called "buffer".
http://www.getmercedesparts.com/schematics/5/5766350.gif
Thanks a lot guys!

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry to bother you again, Woolly =) Didn't want to create another thread? Do you know what is the part number of that rubber thing? It is rubber and one side is covered with some sort of thin cloth material. It was always falling of the back (don't know how to call it correct) hat-shelf. If you open the trunk and the roof is up there's a metal shelf and these two things are attached on left and right ends of it. But since they were always falling off (don't know why) I eventually lost one. Don't know if it's part 16 on the above picture... I'm sure lots of people who own SLK seen that (may be the new ones also have those) :)

Attachments

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,413 Posts
woolly might be zzzzzz.

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Won't beleive it =) I just received my login details. I simply couldn't register. They said their system is malfunctioning. THen, after I logged in and try to launch the application it says: "Failed to validate certificate. The application will not be executed.
Name: EWA net CLient Tools Package
Publisher Hewlett Packard GmbH -...

:(:confused: Have anyone experienced this?

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK 280-sold
3,552 Posts

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not sure what is happening. I was able to log in and it started up fine for me.

You have to be in the US, and it requies Java to be installed for the program to run. It's been over a year since I signed up, but here is a thread that may help.

http://www.slkworld.com/vehicle-data-card/30791-how-get-datacard-epcnet.html
Thanks Reb! I do have the latest Java installed. It might be the issue with the certificate or Java settings... Not sure. googled the problem and couple people has the same issue but no definite solution. Will try to install VM machine and some old school Windows XP =) Hope it does some magic =)

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,413 Posts
site not working for new signees. i even contacted them with no response

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
site not working for new signees. i even contacted them with no response
That's really weird. It gives me "Failed to validate certificate...." error. I found that Java 6 should be used. So I went ahead and switched to Java 6 update 7, then I tried Java 6 update 17, update 37... no luck... these even don't go that far. With version 6 applications starts to load and about at 20% it gives "Unable to load application error"...
Contacted the support. Will wait for the answer... Already inclining to byuing this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mercedes-Benz-WIS-EPC-ASRA-2012-Factory-Service-Repair-Shop-Manual-ALL-MODELS-/181008244022?pt=Motors_Manuals_Literature&hash=item2a24ee9d36&vxp=mtr
Has anyone tried, btw? =D
:biglaugh::rb Having this thing fully offline sounds more convenient =))

Btw, if someone can still pull that part number used probably as a buffer on the rear panel in the trunk (described earlier) I will greatly appreciate it! Need to fix my hydraulic steering... The hoses started leaking where the clamps are...deteriorated over the time. Need to change upper and lower ones... ouch. Upper is rubber, and lower is factory attached rubber to metal pipe... Seems not easy to get to with a wrench. And I will do flush at the same time. So pics are coming up!
Just ordering a bunch of stuff, like serpentine belts, etc. and getting ready for small project after semester ends. So, I know holidays are coming up and delivery will take at least a week. Would like to have everything at once and save a couple bucks on "massive" delivery.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Looked through EPC but couldn't find that part. Hope someone else manages to find it.

For the steering, I didn't get which hoses you're talking about. Could you be more specific or maybe a picture would be more helpful.

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK 280-sold
3,552 Posts
Jayson,
I looked in EPC for your 170.449 and came up with two possibilities.

The most likely is this A 170 694 01 92 Insulation Panelling rear bottom Qty = 2

There is another possibility, but the Qty seems wrong. A 170 795 0396 - Pad between roof frame and vario roof - rear Qty = 8

I tried to post the pictures but it is beyond my abilities at this point. Sorry - you know how it gets when an old guy tries to find his way around a computer. :)

Hope that helps. FYI rather than putting your VIN into the EPC you can get away with just the first 6 #'s (like 170.449) and it will give you all of the possible parts on the car.

Reactions: JaysonM

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank you sooooo much guys!!!! Hope that's the right part number! Indeed two are required =) Tried googling and found some Russian parts catalogs which were really useful! Will try to take a picture tomorrow. And also hope they will fix the issue with EPC! It would be soooo much easier =):rb

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thank you all who helped! I received my parts and the part number for this rubber pad was correct: 170 694 01 92 :hail::hail::hail::hail::hail:

·
Registered
24 Posts
JaysonM, were exactly does that rubber thing attach on the metal shelf? I found one in my trunk but couldn't figure out were it came from. I must be missing the second one because I couldn't find it, in the trunk or attached to anything. Any help would be great, pictures even better. Thanks!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.