Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My retractable roof will not retract. Error message says close trunk cover, but the cover is down. Per my understanding there is button in the truck you can push to reset so the car can read that the trunk cover is down. If this is true... does anyone know where the reset button is located in the trunk?

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
First I've heard of a reset button. Take a minute and update your profile with your car type and location - a lot of the answers are dependent on your location.

D

·
0 Posts
I think he means the cover closed microswitch John mate, Donte it's not a reset but a position sensor so if the clover is in the closed position the circuit is closed.

It is located on the left hand latching point for the cover on the rear wall of the trunk.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts
If it's the R171, below is the photo of the microswitch located at the Left, as stated by DansSLK.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,657 Posts
Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

Please update your location and vehicle info in your profile as it helps the members answer any questions you might have based on locale.
usercp, edit your details, location/vehicle.

If you have not, please use the 'search this forum' feature for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, If you have not, please post your questions in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response.
And finally, if you find something useful on your visit here today, please consider donating for security updates and repairs to the site. Any amount is welcome! Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.