Mercedes SLK World banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Resonator/ Secondary Cat Removal

5K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Royston 
#1 ·
Anyone have an idea of what it would cost to mod my exhaust on my 55 by removing the resonator and the secondary cats? I've seen numbers with people that have removed the resonator but not the 2nd cats too.

#2 · (Edited)
see my thread in my sig block
removal of primary cats
ecu tune
headers
downpipes
straight pipes
resonators
mufflers tips

#3 · (Edited)
Whilst I'm sure that Jeff's mods are awesome (wish I lived nearer to see & hear them), they're much more expensive than a simple centre resonator & secondary cat delete. The secondary cats are situated just behind the centre resonator, so can very easily be removed for very little extra effort and cost while removing the centre resonator (in fact, I'd be amazed if it really did impact the cost at all).

When I had mine removed, the piece that was cut out that included the centre resonator and 2nd cats was still small/short enough to fit in my boot/trunk for me to take home with me (just in case I ever want to have it put back in - which I don't!).

I don't know what the costs are in the US, but you can get this done in the UK, and have an x-pipe fitted in its place, for around £300 (or less at some exhaust shops). :tu:

#4 ·
Hi All

@ JBanks I did not know you had the resonator removed , I understood you kept it .

@slk8907 If you buy a pre-made Xpipe this could bring the price down abit more , If I remember my Magnaflow Xpipe was about £80 & about £50 to fit it but I kept the 2nd Cats (being a good boy) . but you remove the 2nd Cats as well its still only two cuts & an extra bit of straight pipe .

Cheers

Andy

#5 ·
Hi all,

I really want to do this to my Slk280 (changing exhaust x-pipe and cat backs ) Is there anyone who has had this done on a 2007 Slk280. One is it worth it on car, two -would I gain added horse power 3- I really want a mean sound.
Any advice would be much appreciated, Thank you!

#6 ·
@ JBanks I did not know you had the resonator removed , I understood you kept it .

sorry, typo on my part
I have both resonators. My primary cat was removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.