Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I have a 98 230k euro spec.

i follow the instruction and installed the smartop unit.The one touch closing and remote closing works perfectly,but the opening won't work (one touch/ remote), the button lite up as it tried to open but then just stopped in a few sec. and the relay works as well but then stopped in a few sec. too.

i can still open the top by holding down the roof button. i checked all the wiring, so i'm 100% sure that everything is connected as instruction, so i don't know where else to look for now...

btw, i do find something unusual, which is that when i use the remote to open, the open/close wires both send power, but when closing it (which function perfectly), only the "close" wire has power not both. any ran into this problem when they install theirs? or any idea where else i should look for ? could it be the euro spec has different wiring from the us spec? any help would be great.. thankx.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
95,085 Posts

·
95,085 Posts
check the video also.
sounds like 1 or 2 steps not connected right since sooo many wires

if a member with a r170 with smarttop does not respond, please consider opening up a trouble ticket with mods4cars

Sven n Stephen respond very quickly

just send em what u posted in post 1

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
check the video also.
sounds like 1 or 2 steps not connected right since sooo many wires

if a member with a r170 with smarttop does not respond, please consider opening up a trouble ticket with mods4cars

Sven n Stephen respond very quickly

just send em what u posted in post 1

i studied the video and the other instructions from mods4cars many times. i also checked all the wiring many times, and measured to make sure the wires are all connected. i send a trouble ticket to them yesterday, and was told to check wire 29, which of course i did checked again, didn't fix the problem.

is there a link for the "our instruction" for the mods4cars smarttop i can double check? thankx.

·
95,085 Posts
is there a link for the "our instruction" for the mods4cars smarttop i can double check? thankx.

i included the forums links for install

you already said you had mods4cars version

did u reply back to m4c about you already checking that wire?

·
95,085 Posts
I know the install on a r170 is a 'bear' :D
r171 easier and r172 easiest of them all

all those wires, easy to 'mess' up. not saying you did
there have been 1 or very few where something was 'wrong' inside of the mod unit.
where did u buy it from? new?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know the install on a r170 is a 'bear' :D
r171 easier and r172 easiest of them all

all those wires, easy to 'mess' up. not saying you did
there have been 1 or very few where something was 'wrong' inside of the mod unit.
where did u buy it from? new?

that would be the worst case since i bought it new from mods4cars' ebay and shipped to taiwan.... taxed (ouch)..

·
95,085 Posts
so wire 29 is attached with a 'tap'?

·
95,085 Posts
I know
I've seen that spider's web before on members cars :D
reason i mention it is the r171 has like 1 tap if tapa fuse is not used and it has to be tapped 'good'

·
95,085 Posts
Great!!!

an 'aha' moment!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts