Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
It's time to swop the carpets for rubber mats.

Living in the country it's easy to pick up all manner of detritus in this weather.

I have looked on Ebay and the only OEM mats are from Newcasle Mercedes at £69+. Is it just me or is that quite a lot of money?

Mercedes tax? I'm sure someone will reply that you only get what you pay for!

Many of the other mats available don't have the exact shape of my driver's carpet.

Does anyone have a better source of OEM kit?

Has anyone a recommendation other than OEM that can be recommended?

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
93,682 Posts
forum sponsor carid

·
Super Moderator
24,942 Posts
Note postage to UK and the possibility of import tax.

Perhaps, as it is just for winter, a cheap set from europarts, or GSF to tide you until spring.
They often have discount codes and are UK.

GSF code VIP60 is 60% off until 14th Nov.
I don't have the current code for Europarts.

·
Premium Member
3,486 Posts
You should be able to get some generic ones from Halfords and trim to size and shape.
They have a pattern moulding on the various cut lines.

We have them in my Sons Fiesta 1.25 AMG...:grin:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the responses.

I have looked at the 'cheaper' options on Ebay and they lack the 'tongue' to cover the footrest for the left foot.

Unfortunately, I don't think the US of A option is a practical one.

I'll keep searching.

·
Registered
441 Posts
It's time to swop the carpets for rubber mats.

Living in the country it's easy to pick up all manner of detritus in this weather.

I have looked on Ebay and the only OEM mats are from Newcasle Mercedes at £69+. Is it just me or is that quite a lot of money?

Mercedes tax? I'm sure someone will reply that you only get what you pay for!

Many of the other mats available don't have the exact shape of my driver's carpet.

Does anyone have a better source of OEM kit?

Has anyone a recommendation other than OEM that can be recommended?
Think you will find they are not actually rubber ones if they are the same as I bought

·
Registered
441 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
I'm not too impressed with my local parts counter. They claimed Mercedes mats weren't available for the SLK... I have a p/n, but didn't bother giving it to them. Believe it or not, the price you quoted isn't as much as you think for decent mats. I just paid over $100 for a set for my 69 Camaro... I now need the rubber ones for the Benz though so I'm in the same boat as you except for your shipping issues. I'm surprised they aren't a shilling? a dozen in Europe.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
In the past I have made do with cheap rubber mats which are thin and which never really fit properly. I have Ford mats for my Kuga and they are excellent, heavy duty and a good fit.

I think I'll just have to bite the bullet.

I know that if I buy cheap ones I will curse every time I see them!

I think MB charge what they think they can get away with.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What a fool I am. If I had read the description properly instead of reading what I wanted it to be I would have seen what you are pointing out!

There are none so blind etc. etc.

Double thanks!

Quest continues,however, I think I've spotted appropriate ones.

That's why you're 'Red Leader' isn't it.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Anything wrong with these? I know they aren't exactly cheap, but I wouldn't expect much less for a factory or good quality a/m mat set. I don't know why Weathertech hasn't stepped up yet. There's another company that has some nice ones also, but, like Weathertech, they don't fit the SLK.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Anything wrong with these? I know they aren't exactly cheap, but I wouldn't expect much less for a factory or good quality a/m mat set. I don't know why Weathertech hasn't stepped up yet. There's another company that has some nice ones also, but, like Weathertech, they don't fit the SLK.

The OP is is Norfolk UK - those are for a LHD vehicle his will be a RHD vehicle......also for those in the US they are cheaper on Amazon.com.

·
Premium Member
3,173 Posts
Have you tried carmats-uk.com ?
You can choose thickness of rubber (3mm or 4mm) and colour and they are tailored for the R171 with footrest etc.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Bit the bullet and bought cheap mats off Ebay, cost approx. £21. They are model specific and are an excellent fit.

They have the all important 'tongue' for the foot rest.

As we say in these parts 'jobs a good un'.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Bit the bullet and bought cheap mats off Ebay, cost approx. £21. They are model specific and are an excellent fit.

They have the all important 'tongue' for the foot rest.

As we say in these parts 'jobs a good un'.
So what was the eBay listing?

and 'have you got a light boy'.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts