Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
My friend has asked me to reset his service indicator on his 2008 SLK 350, using my box of Star tricks. I have used it on mine with great success for simple things like enabling cornering fogs and both rear fogs, but that is only because I had well written guides to follow in the sticky (thanks very much by the way). So, as I don't want to make a mistake and fry an ECU on his car, can someone please write an idiots guide on how to do it with Star/DAS/Xentry.

Forgot to mention, the button on the side of his dash/gauges is broken, so he can't do it the conventional way.

Cheers guys.

·
Premium Member 2004 SLK350
4,592 Posts
Try:
Control units, then information and communication, the instrument cluster, and from there ASSYST. You'll find a number of settings in that menu which include resetting and adjusting parameters for service notifications.

·
Registered 2005 SLK350
2,289 Posts
My friend has asked me to reset his service indicator on his 2008 SLK 350, using my box of Star tricks. I have used it on mine with great success for simple things like enabling cornering fogs and both rear fogs, but that is only because I had well written guides to follow in the sticky (thanks very much by the way). So, as I don't want to make a mistake and fry an ECU on his car, can someone please write an idiots guide on how to do it with Star/DAS/Xentry.

Forgot to mention, the button on the side of his dash/gauges is broken, so he can't do it the conventional way.

Cheers guys.
The connector on the back of the reset button can come loose and only needs to be pushed back on. May be worth pulling the instrument cluster to check it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts