Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered 1997 SLK230 Kompressor
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
EPC lists 3. One is for the blinkers with offset pins. I understand that. A 140826 03 82
Then there is
A140826 01 82. colour black
(5 units tail, brake and fog)
and
A140826 00 82. colour grey. (2 for reverse)
On line I can only find
A140826 05 82. blue
which is not in the EPC as far as I can tell.
The grey, black and blue look the same to me and all three colours are fitted to my car and fairly randomly at that. Can anyone explain?

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,853 Posts

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,853 Posts

·
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, thank you. That clarifies the"blue" as a replacement. The EPC describes the reversing lights as tail lights for whatever reason. No matter. Basically I've got an issue with a couple of sockets and wondered whether i could use the"blue" replacement for the reversing lights. I've got some on order so we'll see. Can't actually see the difference myself, but that s probably age. Optician called today and said I hadn't been for a while.....

·
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The problem turned out to be a dirty connection into the back of the cluster. Sprayed the plug and socket with cleaner and erratic behaviour of lights has stopped. Don't know why I didn't do that in the first place.

·
Registered 2003 SLK200
50 Posts
I found on my brake lights they had had a poor connection and had obviously arced and burnt the main light rather than the holder.
Got over it by painting the burn with conductive paint and on one managed to get a small piece of copper wire under the connector at the side of the removable bulb holder.

Dave

·
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was actually replacing my clusters with Depo LED units. The arcing on one of the old brake light contact surfaces had been so bad it had burnt through to the plastic. Fortunately my bulb failure warning is non functional and I don't need ballast resistors --- so the problem will not raise its head again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts