Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Downloaded 209 albums (50GB). I can see all the albums and their songs, but only about two albums play and have sound. More confusing is the display continues to show all the albums cycling thru the download process over and over, just like it looked when I first inserted the SD card. If I select a album to play there will be no sound, but it goes thru the download process for that album and continues on to all the next albums (again over and over). Thanks in advance for any feed back.

·
Super Moderator
11,567 Posts
Wouldn't you still be under warranty for the dealer to resolve? Till someone else answers :wink:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Not saying I know the answer, but a few additional facts might help solve the issue.
So you have downloaded 50 albums on to a 64?GB sd card:
What format and bitrate are the two albums that play - are they any different to the ones that don't?
try copying a couple of albums only (one that does and one that doesn't play) to another card and try that.
If they play ok then try reloading the albums a few at a time to the card, trying them out as you go along. If they don't, suspect a bitrate or file type problem.
What , in effect, this does is to try to isolate whether the problem is hardware or software related.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not saying I know the answer, but a few additional facts might help solve the issue.
So you have downloaded 50 albums on to a 64?GB sd card:
What format and bitrate are the two albums that play - are they any different to the ones that don't?
try copying a couple of albums only (one that does and one that doesn't play) to another card and try that.
If they play ok then try reloading the albums a few at a time to the card, trying them out as you go along. If they don't, suspect a bitrate or file type problem.
What , in effect, this does is to try to isolate whether the problem is hardware or software related.
Just to clarify. I downloaded 209 albums with a total of 50GB's. Can not remember for sure, but the SD card was larger than 64GB. As for the 2 albums that played: 1 was formatted w/Purchase AAC audio and 256kbps and the other was formatted w/Apple Lossless audio and 949kbps. Just checking a few other albums(songs), most were Apple Lossless audio and a range of 700 to 900 kbps per song. Your thought of copying a few at a time is worth a good try. Don't look forward to this route but again it is worth a try. Thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
Apple products are not my forte, but, as I understand it, you can only play itunes downloads on compatible players. So, do you you have apple carplay? If so you would need to listen to your music via this app. If you don't have it , your standard player in the car probably won't play the tracks.
these links may help if you don't have carplay

https://www.m4vgear.com/apple-music/how-to-remove-drm-from-itunes-music.html

https://computer.howstuffworks.com/how-to-remove-itunes-protection.htm

https://www.tuneskit.com/apple-music-tips/remove-drm-from-itunes-music.html

I think there is a difference between tracks downloaded from itunes (DRM portected) and those bought (non DRM)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Apple products are not my forte, but, as I understand it, you can only play itunes downloads on compatible players. So, do you you have apple carplay? If so you would need to listen to your music via this app. If you don't have it , your standard player in the car probably won't play the tracks.
these links may help if you don't have carplay

https://www.m4vgear.com/apple-music/how-to-remove-drm-from-itunes-music.html

https://computer.howstuffworks.com/how-to-remove-itunes-protection.htm

https://www.tuneskit.com/apple-music-tips/remove-drm-from-itunes-music.html

I think there is a difference between tracks downloaded from itunes (DRM portected) and those bought (non DRM)
Sorry for the slow response. What you provided was helpful to resolve my issue. All my music (except for the 2 that played) I copied to iTunes from my personal CD's. And here was the problem. I copied them using Apple's Lossless audio format. The Media player will not accept this format. The 2 albums that played were purchased from the Apple App. Store and were formatted with something like ACC??. I thought this format was similar to MP3 so I re-formated my whole iTunes library to MP3. iTunes has a menu option to do this. One big problem this creates, it also leaves the old formatted songs in each album (2 of each song). So iTunes has another menu option that searches for duplicates that you can delete (highlighting each one and sending to trash). This took hours because of my library size. There might have been a better way to avoid this issue, but I downloaded my complete iTunes library to a SD card, inserted in the Media player and I now have 209 albums that all play. Some ended up without their Album Art, but the title is there. Tried Voice Command and it also works with requested songs and albums. Hope this helps others and thanks again for the responses.

·
Registered
1 Posts
For music download, you could try an alternative way to help you. Here you could use DRmare Audio Recorder this tool. It can help you record and donwload all the music and audios on your computer and convert them to common audio formats so that you can transfer them to your SD card to other devices for offline playback.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
For music download, you could try an alternative way to help you. Here you could use DRmare Audio Recorder this tool. It can help you record and donwload all the music and audios on your computer and convert them to common audio formats so that you can transfer them to your SD card to other devices for offline playback.
Thanks for the heads up. Do not know if I will be adding anymore music. As you can see I have quite a few albums already. Don't buy much music anymore, but will keep the information of your alternative for future use. Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts