Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Hi all,
My car has been into a garage this morning for a brake change. Got a call at around 12pm saying they are unable to change the brakes as the locking wheel nut key snapped off inside one of the bolts when trying to remove them. They have said its because they have previously been over tightened?
Apparently i am now screwed as even ordering a new key will not work as the old key is stuck inside the bolt! Does anyone know what i can do? The garage have said they are unable to remove them so i don't really know what the next step is?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
94,091 Posts

·
Super Moderator
25,328 Posts
Some garages do not like sorting this as there is a risk of marking the wheel.

Finding a good garage is the key.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you all for your replies, unfortunately around my area every garage i called seemed to be scared of removing them.
After calling around i managed to find this place http://www.lockingwheelnutremovers.co.uk . They managed to send someone out this afternoon and he took them off at garage where the car was, so a big bonus that i didn't even need to drive the car.
Its actually shocked me that there are companies for this exact thing, it seems so basic for a garage to be able to do this sort of thing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts