Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered 2005 SLK55 AMG
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched both here and MB online parts breakdowns and cannot locate any part number for the special jacking blocks. I researched and did purchase the special hydraulic jack adapters that are narrow, tall, and designed to fit into a special recess in the support. I suspect these to be rubber and have a shape to fit the adapters available for the AMG version of the R171 auto.

What I need isn't the adapters (I have them), but the part that is rectangular and is fitted to the frame. None of these are on my car. The only jacking point I have is the center one under the engine.

Thank you
Perry

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,416 Posts
I have searched both here and MB online parts breakdowns and cannot locate any part number for the special jacking blocks. I researched and did purchase the special hydraulic jack adapters that are narrow, tall, and designed to fit into a special recess in the support. I suspect these to be rubber and have a shape to fit the adapters available for the AMG version of the R171 auto.

What I need isn't the adapters (I have them), but the part that is rectangular and is fitted to the frame. None of these are on my car. The only jacking point I have is the center one under the engine.

Thank you
Perry
is it an mb part?

you looked here?

https://slk-links.neocities.org

·
96,416 Posts

·
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
is it an mb part?

you looked here?

https://slk-links.neocities.org

Thank you Jeff,

Found the front Jack Pads, or Take up Device however they are called on Amazon, but the rears (WORKSHOP JACK SOCKET IN SIDE MEMBER, REAR 28 MM, part number "A 171 998 00 50" is not available anywhere.

Someone has removed these from my car, glad I found out BEFORE having a flat and trying to fit the jack under the car!!!!!

Thanks
Perry

·
96,416 Posts

·
96,416 Posts

·
96,416 Posts

·
96,416 Posts
you need more places to buy? :D :D

·
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Jeff,
Once again the master has solved the subject's problem. Good thing I looked closely under the car and found that none of the jack pads or what ever they call them were all missing along the side frame rails. The only one I had was the one under the engine.

Am doing the front brake pads as MB declared me at only 40% life left in the existing pads. Funny, when I pulled the pads it looks to me that there is a good 4 mm of pad material left??? Will need to measure the rotor, edge ridge about half the thickness of a fingernail. I will go ahead and replace the pads and see if the rotors remain in spec, if not...

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts