Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I'm having a similar problem except I don't have a nob to pull. My owner's manual says I can syn it to the comand head time. Problem is that the original radio has been replaced with a Kenwood system. I went into the setup etc and synced it but the clock didn't change. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
1,292 Posts
I'm having a similar problem except I don't have a nob to pull. My owner's manual says I can syn it to the command head time. Problem is that the original radio has been replaced with a Kenwood system. I went into the setup etc and synced it but the clock didn't change. Any ideas?
You've strayed into R170 territory, you have an R171 which is a different animal altogether :D

·
Super Moderator
24,165 Posts
Quoting Danslk

If you don't have COMAND then on the instrument cluster under settings is the place to make the change, on the cluster page if memory serves.

If you do have COMAND its - SERV, System and you will then be given the right page

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quoting Danslk

If you don't have COMAND then on the instrument cluster under settings is the place to make the change, on the cluster page if memory serves.

If you do have COMAND its - SERV, System and you will then be given the right page
I have used the COMAND and have gotten to the screen where I can set the time and date. It is set correctly but the clock (on the instrument panel) doesn't change.

·
Administrator - Founding Member
92,804 Posts
Fyi

I removed that annoying second m
from your posts -no charge

Comand
Cockpit Management and Data system - COMAND for short

·
Premium Member
4,074 Posts
Xentry DAS (Diagnostic Assistance System) is the complete diagnosis system that is used to troubleshoot Mercedes-Benz car problems and is the official Mercedes-Benz dealer software. It can configure, reprogram, initialization of new components, program, perform guided tests, read or erase fault codes in any of the systems.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Xentry DAS (Diagnostic Assistance System) is the complete diagnosis system that is used to troubleshoot Mercedes-Benz car problems and is the official Mercedes-Benz dealer software. It can configure, reprogram, initialization of new components, program, perform guided tests, read or erase fault codes in any of the systems.
So, in other words, I need to go to the dealer?

·
Registered
127 Posts
I did it yesterday, a bit figgity, but just had to pull it back and wiggle it till I felt a "pop" then it worked fine.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
So, in other words, I need to go to the dealer?

Yes, or someone else who has a DAS/STAR machine.
As I understand it,and correct me if I'm wrong, you (or the PO) replaced the original Comand audio system with a Kenwood.
Car still thinks there's a Comand present and waits for the time signal. The Kenwood does not send it.
If you tell the car the Comand system is gone you get and option in the MFD that allows you to set the clock manually.
Read this thread https://www.slkworld.com/slk-r171-general-discussion/552230-resolved-clock-setting-r171-2008-navigation-isnt-there.html
Guy had more or less the same problem. Only here the original Comand was replaced with an Audio 20. Comand derives time from the GPS signal and the Audio 20 has no navi so no GPS signal.
Had his car configured with Comand set to "not present" and problem solved.
I think you have the same problem.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I DID IT!! Thank you everyone for your input. I finally got it through my think head on how to set it manually since I could not get it to sync. It took a bit of time to understand page 141 of the manual and that did it. I can now see the time without having to look at the radio/nave system of the Kenwood.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts