Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
So my all original 2001 SLK320 ex Japan is not so excellent today. I pranged the right front corner going into a parking garage slot avoiding an idiot.
There is some damage to the washer bracket and the rail insert in the bumper itself. I have to look behind the cover to see if anything else is damaged.
The cover itself has a scrape on it but I can wet sand and buff that out as it is in the paint only.
Anyone got a bumper lying around for parts?
The Japanese part (if I can upload the pic successfully) you will note does not have the cut out for the side marker light the NA cars have. If I cannot locate a part without it I guess I will have to buy and driver side as well and the lenses for the markers.
Help please!!!

I got the part off. The PN is A170 885 2 21

Attachments

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well calls and emails to breakers all over BC, in Ontario and one in the UK along with places on eBay and online vendors came up empty so I have to assume a) not a lot of these cars get scrapped with any sense of value of these parts or b) if there is a bumper cover available they want to sell the whole thing.
US OEM suppliers seem to think that because their systems don't pop up my VIN they cannot help yet my dealer in Nanaimo assures me he can order by the PN on the piece and get the part for the Japanese car without side markers. One US company went so far - sea bird company if you get my drift - as to tell me that a pair of inserts would not work because the lenses won't fit without the lamp fixtures behind. I guess he just didn't want my business because had it been my dealer he for sure would have told me and included all I need to make it work.
So the part has been ordered from Germany. It will be primed and will come in 3-4 weeks. He will ship it to me NC when it comes in so I don't have a 3.5 hr drive to go get it.
$104 US plus tax. Done!

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well calls and emails to breakers all over BC, in Ontario and one in the UK along with places on eBay and online vendors came up empty so I have to assume a) not a lot of these cars get scrapped with any sense of value of these parts or b) if there is a bumper cover available they want to sell the whole thing.
US OEM suppliers seem to think that because their systems don't pop up my VIN they cannot help yet my dealer in Nanaimo assures me he can order by the PN on the piece and get the part for the Japanese car without side markers. One US company went so far - sea bird company if you get my drift - as to tell me that a pair of inserts would not work because the lenses won't fit without the lamp fixtures behind. I guess he just didn't want my business because had it been my dealer he for sure would have told me and included all I need to make it work.
So the part has been ordered from Germany. It will be primed and will come in 3-4 weeks. He will ship it to me NC when it comes in so I don't have a 3.5 hr drive to go get it.
$104 US plus tax. Done!

Final update.

Sometimes dealers get a knock but sometimes we need to also say something that do the bit extra.
This part for a Japan car was expected to take 3 weeks or so but it clearly came to him in about a week and I got it 10 days after he ordered it. There was no issue with it being the wrong part. I took it to my local body guy and 36 hr it was back in the car. I consider since I was a doofus in hitting the corner of the wall I got away pretty cheap at just over $200 all in to fix it. Now if I can just locate a spray nozzle for the headlight washer without having to but the whole assembly all will be cool.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts