Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230
2,624 Posts
So, I'm gonna throw this out there in the case that someone has already measured it.

Some of you know I totaled my first SLK sometime back. I bought the car back because it has a 60K motor in it. Periodically, I start the car just so all the fluids keep moving. Well, I recently had to can the A/C compressor from it which doesn't allow me to let it run for very long because the belt that drives the A/C compressor also drives the water pump. So, the question is...

Has anyone happened to measure the belt size for driving the power steering pump and water pump without the A/C compressor? I don't want to put the compressor back in, it was a pain in the rear to get out and R&R on the other one.

·
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I hadn't even thought about looking at EPCnet, which is ironic as I'm constantly using it. I just didn't think they would have covered that. Much appreciated rossiniere.vaud!

·
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
According to EPC - 1875 with AC and 1775 without AC. But somebody else will confirm it.
I see the 1875 (item #5 ), but I don't see an annotation for 1775 w/o AC. Where did you find that?

V-belt.jpg

·
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
AH! I found it. I appreciate the lead rossiniere.vaud!

MERCEDES SLK230

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK350
2,355 Posts
I see the 1875 (item #5 ), but I don't see an annotation for 1775 w/o AC. Where did you find that?

View attachment 474361
It looks like the pulley arrangement is different when there is no A/C. As a confirmation of the length, you may want to remove the belt that drives the A/C and using a string measure the length the belt needs to be to make the loop while bypassing the A/C. Belts of any length can be bought.

·
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It looks like the pulley arrangement is different when there is no A/C. As a confirmation of the length, you may want to remove the belt that drives the A/C and using a string measure the length the belt needs to be to make the loop while bypassing the A/C. Belts of any length can be bought.
I just bought the 6PK1778 for $23.32, we'll see if that works. :smile:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.