Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey guys, I've searched around online but can't seem to find anything similar...

Four days ago I had my stereo replaced and of course disconnected the battery to do that. Today I have driven for about ten minutes, then when I have come to lock the car the central locking isnt responding. I then got back in to the car put the key into the ignition and NOTHING is working, absolutley no signs of life.

Key fob battery has been checked (light flashing ok), main car battery should be fine as I have driven it daily... any ideas guys?

Mercedes SLK 230 (2001)

·
Founding Member 2006
113,395 Posts
You don't mention how old the battery is
The slk needs a great battery, not a 'meh' one :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi! The battery is two years old and as I said I had been driving the car a few seconds before everything stopped. If the battery had died, would the computer stop working too?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Probably a really stupid question, but have you checked that the battery connectors are properly secured? I'm picturing that after the drive they came slightly loose.

Otherwise, I'd check the voltage and/or get the battery load tested by a battery centre.

As far as I'm aware it's not TOTALLY out of the realm of possibility that the battery just died. Maybe a cell shorted?

·
*DAS/STAR Premium Member
2005 SLK55 AMG
4,043 Posts
Check the battery connections - make sure they're tight

As Jeff has already said, a GOOD battery is needed for these things...

If everything is ok, and the battery tests out fine, then I'd examine the stereo wiring as that was the most recent change ...

Reactions: chezza_xx

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Probably a really stupid question, but have you checked that the battery are properly secured? I'm picturing that after the drive they came slightly loose.

Otherwise, I'd check the voltage and/or get the battery load tested by a battery centre.

As far as I'm aware it's not TOTALLY out of the realm of possibility that the battery just died. Maybe a cell shorted?
This was definitely not a stupid question - have just checked and the connection to the battery WAS loose! Securely tightened and ALL working again :grin:

·
Founding Member 2006
113,395 Posts
Yay!!!! what a forum and members!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.